Quantcast

Grand Ridge Trail Work

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
i rode there years ago, it was too short and sweet of a trail really, not trying to dog out the area but i'm curious if this new trail that's being built out there is going to be more than the 3 mile trail that was there before.

Dave_Schuldt

Monkey
Jun 13, 2004
Seattle
There is some area out there called Beaver Lake with some trails. King County has 3,000 acers so there should be plenty of room. Don't know what the long term plan is. For anyone nearby it will be a great place for a quick ride.

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
At some point in the near future, Beaver lake(Section 36) and Grand Ridge should be connected and bike friendly via an approved King Co plan. GR is another place that has enough to keep you busy if it's nearby and the possibility for lots more is there.

Just not as accessable as SST! ;)

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
i'm a little confused, i might be thinking of a different area. The area i thought was Grand Ridge is a trail that was across the street from Cougar Mt. on I-90.
i might just be thinking of something completely different.....

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
Grand Ridge is right across I-90 from the lower Tiger trails which is what I think you're talking about. I can't remember the name of it though. The first exit out of Issaquah on 90. If you look at the map, it's not too terribly far from Beaver Lake and there's a lot of undeveloped land betwen 'em. Including another square mile of DNR land on the hill just NE of there.
Yeah, there's trails in there too... :)
Cougar is on the Southwest side of Issaquah. (Opposite Grand Ridge.)

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
ok yah i've ridden Beaver Pond years ago too and really had not idea that they were that close.
Wow thinking about it that would definately be real nice to ride up Grand Ridge to Beaver.... do some meandering twisty stuff up there... then finish with a descent down Grand Ridge...... Definately some potential for sure!