Quantcast

grandparents...

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
zero for a long time, grandfathers were dead before I was born.

moff_quigley

Why don't you have a seat over there?
Jan 27, 2005
Poseurville
I have a few extra because of divorces etc...2 blood Grandparents, 2 step Grandparents left. Had a great-Grandmother live to be 103.
Almost buried all her kids. She passed in '06.

kingbee

Monkey
Mar 29, 2004
Ohio
I have one left. But I got an email on Friday saying she took a turn for the worse. Shes closing in on 90. Her dimensia (sp?) is getting pretty bad.

I miss all my grandparents.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Zero.

Grandparent free since 1994.

The only g-rent I liked was my my dad's mom.

However, my wife's maternal g-rents are alive and kicking.

He's 88 and a better driver than most of my friends. They regularly drive from here to San Diego or Pittsburg to visit family.

She's 85 and just got both knees replaced so she can play with her great grandkids. She's already back to walking a mile a day.

They both kick my butt in cards, but I'm faster on the bike.

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
One, He's 92 or 93, I forget, still living independently and lives a very active life. My wife's last grandparent just died over Christmas, she was 94.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
My grandmother on my father's passed Saturday. It wasn't unexpected but still sucks. She was 85. She had been my last living grandparent since 1995.

MBC's grandmother on her dad's side is 90 and is still kicking strong.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
None, only knew 1 of the 4. My Dads Dad was gone before he was even born, tb I beleive.
My older son is the only one to know his Grandma, his "Hommy". He knows his mothers (My ex) parents, but they are trailer trash first class, and have little or nothing to do with him since he lives with me. It makes me sad to know that my other two wont know their G-rents either. Wifes are both around, but are on the decline.
My fondest wish is to hang about to see and actually know my grandkids. Let them watch me slowly descend into total insanity...

antimony

M.N.F. Beer Wench
Nov 21, 2005
North Carolina
I only have 1 left. :(

I was very lucky growing up, though... I had 2 great-grandmothers (till I was 11 and 14), and all of my grandparents (until I was 16 and 19). I also saw them all either daily or weekly! They were the best people ever, and I love every minute spent with them! :)

My gram who is left (Bummy)... I play bingo with her and her friend Lucy... super good times as well! Now if I could just get a winning card sometime... :weee:

Upgr8r

High Priest or maybe Jedi Master
May 2, 2006
Ventura, CA
I have one, my paternal grandfather. He's 82 and going strong. I don't know my maternal grandparents, so I couldn't say

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
sorry for your loss IAB.

I have only one, my Mom's mom.

Unfortunately, she doesn't recognize me anymore when I visit her. AFter a little while she remembers me and we have a nice visit, but the next day she won't remember that I had just been there. :(

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
none.

I lost my Grandpa on my Dad's side within 3 weeks of losing my G-mother on my Mom's side.
it was a tough summer! Lots of running around for funerals. Trying to study for Grad-school exams at a "wake" sucks!

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
My last one left us about 4 years ago.

Wife's Grandfather is still alive and kicking... but since he is only about 4 years older than my dad I'm not surprised.

dirttastesgood

Turbo Monkey
Dec 12, 2006
CT
I lost my grandfather when I was 1. And since then I've only had one grandparent. She is the lord of the sith. She never smiles, makes rude comments, doesn't remember anyones birthdays and when she does she gives old newspapers and stuff.

VT Mtbkr

Monkey
Oct 3, 2003
Richmond, Virginia
1 grandfather (86) on my mom's side left for me, my grandmother on that side died suddenly 5 years ago undergoing replacement knee surgery. 2 grandmothers left on my husband's side.

Hardest thing for me to think about is how late in life I'm going to be having kids (33) and how my parents (67 & 60) are going to have limited time enjoying them.

kingbee

Monkey
Mar 29, 2004
Ohio
Unfortunately, she doesn't recognize me anymore when I visit her. AFter a little while she remembers me and we have a nice visit, but the next day she won't remember that I had just been there. :(
Sounds like mine. Last time I saw her she said "you're one of my grandsons right?" Hard to hear that after spending 26 years of my life around her. I have thousands of memories, I know she still has them, somewhere.

splat

Nam I am
0 been that way since 92 , she was 97.

Mother's side grandmother 97 -- old age
Mother's side grandfather 95 -- old age

Father's side Grandmother 59 -- Complications due to colon cancer
Father's side Grandfather 41 -- Not sure it was an Annurism , Heart attack or stroke. ( I never got a good answear )

Hell I'm down to only 1 parent.
:stupid: I am too, and My mom who is 82 isa 2X Cancer survivor