Quantcast

Graphic Designers

Aug 31, 2006
What forums do you guys post at or peruse? Especially technical ones.

I don't want to always post my questions here, like... now I'm looking for a conversion utility -- standalone or acrobat plugin -- that will batch convert a buttload of different file formats* to PDF.

* for example, I just received dozens of older CorelDraw files in native cdr format that I need to PDF. Just dropping 'em into distiller or acrobat doesn't work. I can open them in Illustrator, but I have font and other issues.

Thanks!

Kornphlake

Turbo Monkey
Oct 8, 2002
Portland, OR
When I'm looking for something like that I usually start by asking google. Try searching for "graphic design forum" 20 minutes of reading through forums and you should be able to find a good one. I found a forum for my S10 Blazer that way, got my truck running better again.

Aug 31, 2006
When I'm looking for something like that I usually start by asking google. Try searching for "graphic design forum" 20 minutes of reading through forums and you should be able to find a good one. I found a forum for my S10 Blazer that way, got my truck running better again.
I appreciate the bump, but if i'm not smart enough to ask google and peruse a few sites, then I really shouldn't be allowed near my computers or a toothbrush :)

In other words, i'm not having success in finding quality design and technical forums :banghead:

DVNT

Turbo Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
I don't now of any graphic design forums in particular.

Maybe try looking for something more specific. I've found a lot of professionals usually hang out in photochop user forums.... Quark INDD users. etc.

anyway. that's my .69

brokenbikes

Chimp
Oct 3, 2006
New Zealand
I found a site which you can upload a whole bunch of different types of document/image files to, and it converts it into a PDF and emails it to you. Don't know whether it does old coreldraw files though, but its pretty useful for lots of file type conversions to pdfs...

http://www.pdfonline.com/

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
thanks all.

I'll start with PDFCreator and go from there.
In Windows explorer, select the files and right click > "Create PDF". Works for most files, and in the preferences you can change how PDF Creator handles different file types. Pretty slick for a free app.