Quantcast

graphics people, help me, please.

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
can someone help me with something. i need this:

to be rotated 90* to left, and i need the perspective to better mimick this:

i've been trying to do this in PSP, and i can't figure out how to make it look good. if you're successful in that, i might have you do something else.

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
oh yeah...i can take a picture. sweet. ok, next task...will someone be able to turn it into a b & w like the Unreal logo? no shadowing effect.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
the Inbred said:
oh yeah...i can take a picture. sweet. ok, next task...will someone be able to turn it into a b & w like the Unreal logo? no shadowing effect.
Is the second pic on your initial post what your going for? I'm not quite shure what the unreal logo looks like but PS has a tool to do it I'm sure

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
the second image i posted in Unreal's logo. i'm shooting for a white cog with black edges, and some pseudo-shadowing.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh

Attachments

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
those were just quick PS jobbers... if you want it more stylized like the logo, you need to do an illustration of the thing... if you want it to be more photographic then using PS will work... let me know if the second one was more along the lines of what you were thinking and if you send me the original I can work on it for you... I think I flipped it the wrong direction anyway!!!:rolleyes: then again if you look at the actual perspective of the cog and the part of the edge you see... it wouldn't be correct flipped the other way... but I could just redo the text... let me know...

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
the Inbred said:
getting there, but i'm going to use a different cog.

here's chopped up version of the cog i want to use:

http://www.pbase.com/inbred/image/56574537/original

and here's a link to the original: http://www.pbase.com/inbred/image/56574536/original

the closer to a simple b & w outline, the better. i guess i could always print it out and trace it, if need be.

(this is the first part of the tattoo i plan on getting, if anyone is interested.
OK now I get what you are saying... it helps to know what you want it for... I will tell you this... every tattoo artist goes about things differently... I worked for a while as a "tattoo technician"... I wasn't a good enough artist (as many aren't these days) to call myself a "tattoo artist"!!! I could copy what someone brought to me or if I worked something up... I could copy it... If you have an artist picked out... go to them with that photo... they will trace it and put the lines where they need them for the outline... all the rest is just shading to make it look like the photo of that cog... unless you want something different... but that is a cool photo, and can be done similar on skin...

Tame Ape

BUY HOPE!!!!!!!
Mar 4, 2003
NYC
hmmm. To get the best res, tracing it in a vector based art program might be the order of the day. Since I'm dicking around right now researching norwegian sweaters (its a project thats gonna rock when done) let me take a stabbe

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
brungeman said:
OK now I get what you are saying... it helps to know what you want it for... I will tell you this... every tattoo artist goes about things differently... I worked for a while as a "tattoo technician"... I wasn't a good enough artist (as many aren't these days) to call myself a "tattoo artist"!!! I could copy what someone brought to me or if I worked something up... I could copy it... If you have an artist picked out... go to them with that photo... they will trace it and put the lines where they need them for the outline... all the rest is just shading to make it look like the photo of that cog... unless you want something different... but that is a cool photo, and can be done similar on skin...
well, i need to add some other stuff before the final design is done. i'm trying to get an idea of what it'll look like, though.

Tame Ape

BUY HOPE!!!!!!!
Mar 4, 2003
NYC
the vector stuff will keep me up past my bed time, but maybe this will help some.

edit: shimano spline for life!!!

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
this took far too long to do on the computer. props to those that can whip stuff up like this quickly. now i'm gonna go home and trace it, to clean it up, and finish the flower. might start over and use an Endless cog since I won't ever be using Kings again. scratch that, i'm gonna redo the cog so that it's centered. then trace...yadda yadda.

Attachments

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
in PS with the move tool selected hit ctrl-t or command-t & then move each corner handle by ctrl-clicking & dragging until the desire perspective is achieved. that should do it.