Quantcast

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Those frame bumpers are an idea from Fred Schuldt who used to own ProBikes here in Asheville and then went on to help I9's owners get that company off the ground.

They originally appeared on the Spooky Motorhead and were narrower...something of a pill shape and held in by a screw. Not sure why they use round ones on the Treks. The longer style Spooky used seemed to cover more area.

John P...incorporate those into a Yeti frame. Dry rotting bump stops on DH forks is so played and taking your fork off would get SOOOOO much easier.

These:

Last edited:

disasterarea

Monkey
Jan 26, 2003
apologies if someone has mentioned it already or simply not the done thing to mention it, but have they given up on the rail concept?

John P.

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
Golden, CO
apologies if someone has mentioned it already or simply not the done thing to mention it, but have they given up on the rail concept?
No, there's a vertical rail in there that's obscured by part of the swingarm.

... And while the rail seems to be the latest butt of jokes by all the self-proclaimed suspension gurus here on RM, it really is a great system of dialing in the exact shock rate you're looking for. I was a skeptic myself until I rode one.

--JP