Quantcast

V-Dub

Chimp
Aug 31, 2004
Salt Lake City, Utah
The Yeti race trailer decided to make a pit stop in SLC. Not totally planned, their truck made the decision for them. Well, lucky for us, they decided to hang out at the shop while they got it sorted out, and we got to check out Jared Graves' 2011 DH bike.

Fresh out of the race trailer, not even dust on the tires yet. . .

Of course kitted with Fox Suspension, and Saint bits. . .

Team Issue paint and graphics. . .

Factory Series sticker on the RC4, and the 40

Shock engraved with "Yeti 11". . .

Nice finishing touches. . .

Weight without pedals is 41 lbs 14 oz. I'm sure before the first WC round there will be some additional changes, ti spring etc.

For some reason they were not stoked with our idea to head up and ride this guy in the snow and mud, so no ride report. Sorry.

Gotta have this frame? We have 1 left in a large - check it out - Yeti 303 WC 25th Anniversary Edition

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
Um, that would be one of the better looking bikes that I have ever seen.
Yeti needs to sell that exact frame next year priced where actual working human beings can afford one.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
i need some of those stickers for my fork and shock.

why no yellow yeti? why black? everybody does black. YELLOW AND DERQUOISE FOREVER

Deano

Monkey
Feb 14, 2011
must have.. !!

and on a sidenote..

i cant wait to see how graves will stack up vs the DH crowd, seeing as he has been slaying everyone in 4x up till now, so maybe not as dominant as in 4x, but i would not be surprised to see him be in the top10 overall when the seasons over..

ZHendo

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2006
PNW
gorgeous. when they first showed that frame a swore i'd own one someday, hopefully they make some available with the team paint at some point...

sbabuser

Turbo Monkey
Dec 22, 2004
Golden, CO
Kitted with Fox suspension? Really? Or are you using that word just because the suspension is Fox? If it was Avalanche, would it be "blanketed"?

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
five bucks graves will ride the 4X again for Sea Otter DH
hasn't he ridden a 4x bike there the past 4-5 years in a row?

I'll put 5 on a DH bike winning it as usual (barring last year).

But on a sidenote, graves has always been one of my favorite riders, people who can excel in multiple bike disciplines like him and gee atherton are always favorites for me

not my intent to hate on Graves or riding a 4X bike in a DH race.

the DH course at Sea Otter has always been fairly tame and pedally, if a short travel bike will get the job done with a fast time, I'd ride it too.

i wouldn't be surprised if he does a few practice runs for the photogs with that 303 beauty but on the 4X for race day.

ZoRo

Turbo Monkey
Sep 28, 2004
MTL
I think he still is racing one last 4x year full time. So I don't think he is gonna do all out world cup dh racing this year. Next year looks like so.

must have.. !!

and on a sidenote..

i cant wait to see how graves will stack up vs the DH crowd, seeing as he has been slaying everyone in 4x up till now, so maybe not as dominant as in 4x, but i would not be surprised to see him be in the top10 overall when the seasons over..

Uncle Cliffy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 28, 2008
Southern Oregon
Good gawd that bike's sweet.

I'll never forget seeing Graves blur past me at Sea Otter. He took an outside line on the ropes that bypassed the entire jump line. The collective muttering from the crowd after he zipped by was hilarious...

tuumbaq

Monkey
Jul 5, 2006
Squamish BC
GODAM THAT THINK IS FREAKING SPECTACULAR !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Interesting Jared doesn't have a Kashima coated RC4 or even a ti springon there ...especially considering Yeti's partnership with Fox.I guess it'll probably come later.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
I'm not usually turned on by Yetis (!), but that bike is hawt.

I gotta ask though, is the rear wicked will mounted backwards or is it supposed to be run that way?

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
Interesting Jared doesn't have a Kashima coated RC4 or even a ti springon there ...especially considering Yeti's partnership with Fox.I guess it'll probably come later.
it seems like everyone is getting their "upgraded" parts right before or at the first WC race. the Syndicate didnt have any of their upgraded parts either from RS

Last edited:

John P.

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
Golden, CO
Um, that would be one of the better looking bikes that I have ever seen.
Yeti needs to sell that exact frame next year priced where actual working human beings can afford one.
Totally agree. For what it's worth, the expense comes from the fact that those are hand-built and painted in the US. They're incredibly pricey to manufacture.

That being said, we do have some surprises up our sleeves for the future. :)

John P.

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
Golden, CO
so john you do tell us not to buy the 25 year editon frame available at go-ride?

and again cg for the new job in colorado :)
Ha! Not at all. The Anniversary frame is a collector's item that will never be reproduced. All I'm saying is that we're always trying to give our customers the best bang for the buck. To that end, you can expect all kinds of new stuff from us in the coming months and years.

--JP
P.s. Thanks for the props on the job! I feel beyond lucky to have landed it.

ianjenn

Turbo Monkey
Sep 12, 2006
SLO
That bike looks killer. Need to get one to put through the wringer. Here is Graves from 2010 Otter. I am going with a 4X as his race rig not a 303......

Last edited:

trib

not worthy of a Rux.
Jun 22, 2009
it's actually because this bike is his 'straight bike' for courses with corners he has a separate bike. And that is not a lie*

*might be a lie

John P.

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
Golden, CO
This thread should be titled: John P "marketing genius savante" burns clutch in the name of photo op!!
Nah, that wasn't me driving the truck to UT. Dave Z. and our new WC mechanic Shaun busted their humps last week getting a huge pile of bikes built for this trip, so it wouldn't surprise me if they had to stop in SLC for some routine maintenance on the truck. Props to those two for having the wherewithal to make a photo opportunity out of it!

--JP

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
i cant wait to see how graves will stack up vs the DH crowd
He used to consistently win the Mountain States Cup DH races. Not World Cups but a pretty competitive field with some World Cup racers. I was surprised when he quit DH.
As well as pretty much ruling the NORBA National series at that time... and taking 2nd at the Angel Fire World Cup by less than a CH to Minnaar. He'll probably do just fine, I 'spect.

I gotta ask though, is the rear wicked will mounted backwards or is it supposed to be run that way?
That's the way they's supposed to roll...

Last edited:

V-Dub

Chimp
Aug 31, 2004
Salt Lake City, Utah
Nah, that wasn't me driving the truck to UT. Dave Z. and our new WC mechanic Shaun busted their humps last week getting a huge pile of bikes built for this trip, so it wouldn't surprise me if they had to stop in SLC for some routine maintenance on the truck. Props to those two for having the wherewithal to make a photo opportunity out of it!

--JP
Something like that. Or while they were napping, we swiped the bike and took a bunch of photos without asking, and posted them all over the internet. Either way, worked our pretty good. :thumb: