Quantcast

Graves new Yeti 20" BMX Bike. WOW!

Dylan Dean

Monkey
Oct 12, 2007
southern California
been talking to him about painted seat methods... he's been taking the "cover" off some of the seats & painting the plastic/carbon base of the seats... unfortunately they've been crackin on him... it looks like he hasn't perfected it yet, since the saddle there is all white! :D

Iridemtb

Turbo Monkey
Feb 2, 2007
Graves certainly isn't up on the whole "micro-drive" trend. that's a big ole chainring.
Well, usually people who race bmx don't have a small front sprocket. It's the people who do street, because they don't want to smash it on quarterpipes/ledges, etc.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
stuffwhitepeoplelike.wordpress.com said:
White people know that their ancestors did some messed up things. As a result, it has become hard wired for them to apologize for almost anything.
Seriously, it's pathological with us white folk...

Pbody

Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
So I've been wondering, with these new UCI Supercross tracks, what kind of gearing are the guys running these days to get down that monstrous start hill?

Used to run anywhere from a 43-45 with a 16t freewheel back in the day depending on the course (indoors-downhill). So I would have to think that 45-46 would be the norm on the UCI tracks but with clips thrown into the mix these days, maybe it's all about the powerful spin.

DirtEveryDay

Turbo Monkey
Nov 24, 2003
Pacific North Wet
Well, usually people who race bmx don't have a small front sprocket. It's the people who do street, because they don't want to smash it on quarterpipes/ledges, etc.

Actually...it's because it means the sprocket is a 3rd the size, thus losing weight, being smaller means there's 6" less chain...thus losing more weight.
The fact that it allows for more stability(sloer to the crank line/pedals) on stalls, etc is a bonus, but no one really does that anymore...
Why use more than you need and still get the same gearing?

Castle

Turbo Monkey
Jun 10, 2002
VA
really like it, but something about the bend in the top tube in front of the seat tube doesn't do it for me... without that I would've liked it even more....

yuroshek

Turbo Monkey
Jun 26, 2007
Arizona!
that frame is cool, i use to race BMX in my younger days. back in 01 NJ state champ here!!! haha i use to run a 45 on my powerlite on downhill type tracks. i was only 13 at the time and i was spinnin out a 45t haha. i miss it. i tried ridin the BMX bike on the track and it was wayyy different. i didnt feel comfortable at all, thats why i bought an STP for BMX racin this spring. thats gonna be my cross training.

HaveFaith

Monkey
Mar 11, 2006
Actually...it's because it means the sprocket is a 3rd the size, thus losing weight, being smaller means there's 6" less chain...thus losing more weight.
The fact that it allows for more stability(sloer to the crank line/pedals) on stalls, etc is a bonus, but no one really does that anymore...
Why use more than you need and still get the same gearing?
Because if you are putting real power to the ground like pro BMXers, then you will snap a standard chain using a smaller chainring. Thus you have to get a bigger chain, and negate all weight savings. As said before, its about clearance and stalls etc. for the street, IF you are putting out real power. However, most street riders are not comparable to BMX racers in the power department.

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA
Isn't that an Intense frame?
Ding.ding.ding. And we have a winner. What I don't understand is why. He's moved from the Formula he was riding last year. The Formula's are far, far nicer... They may have had VSI build it with custom geometry, but I don't think Kinesis TW is really set-up for that. At least a Formula or Avent wouldn't have the silly top-tube...

spoke80

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2001
Ding.ding.ding. And we have a winner. What I don't understand is why. He's moved from the Formula he was riding last year. The Formula's are far, far nicer... They may have had VSI build it with custom geometry, but I don't think Kinesis TW is really set-up for that. At least a Formula or Avent wouldn't have the silly top-tube...
This is the most retarded statement I've read on this website. The frame was built by Yeti in Golden. Why would Yeti paint over an Intense for a rider who will be representing them at the Olympics?

stunning.

T

T'barshreds

Intense?? Are you joking?? The whole point of this being news is that THIS IS A YETI! Made 100% by YETI designed 100% by YETI.

Just because it has a kink in the top tube like the old Intense frames, it's suddenly an Intense? Look a bit closer fellas!

Theres been a prototype YETI bmx floating around for the last 7 months, now this is the first of what the production frames are going to be.

I hope this clears things up a bit. Im sure the last thing YETI want is people saying it's a rebadged Intense.

doc gravity

Monkey
Oct 25, 2004
highlands ranch, CO
This is the most retarded statement I've read on this website. The frame was built by Yeti in Golden. Why would Yeti paint over an Intense for a rider who will be representing them at the Olympics?

stunning.

Second that, he's been riding protos and had pics and stories all over his site, plus he was riding various incarnations of the frame in the pits last year.

SDH Racing

Monkey
Apr 5, 2006
NE
3 page thread for a kids bike with 7 tubes, no brakes, no gears and no suspension.
I knew this place had lost its mind.
Bmx makes for great cross trainning, I love going to a track or indoor skate park like Incline club to switch it up a bit. If you can land it on a bmx... mushy mtb suspension and big wheels... no problem. Tons of pros cross on bmx's and vice versa. Or take a look at a few top freeride guys, Bas, Claw, Chase, Lenosky, Andrew Lac ect... all started with some kind of bmx/trials backround.
I think it's a pretty sweet bike, nice post.