Quantcast

gravity bikes

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM

surfing around i found this dude in spain.
look like fun tech gravity race time trial

Feb 14, 2004
SoCal
I'd be cooler if they made a super moto/DH mtb. Wouldn't look as goofy, and all we would need to convert our DH bikes would be some fatty road tires and maybe lockout suspension.

dexterq20

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2003
NorCal
Toshi said:
sorta related is the peugeot road atv that i saw posted on nsmb
Road ATV? Now there's an oxymoron if I've ever heard one. Stupid French car companies. No wonder they're not imported to the US anymore.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Hutch and GT used to make them way back when...

This was on ebay a couple of years ago.

Grimey

Monkey
Aug 21, 2003
cali
Yeah.. Get a bmx bike, flip the bars and remove the cranks. This has been around for a while. Everyone should try it...

dexterq20 said:
Road ATV? Now there's an oxymoron if I've ever heard one. Stupid French car companies. No wonder they're not imported to the US anymore.
actually, as uncharacteristic as it is, I would like to defend the French for once:

Their cars are great cars. My dad had a Peogeot(spell?) 404 way back in the 80's, it was a great car, one of the only cars to use a two front-to-back beams equiped frames.....very safe cras, handled nice too. it was like a mercedes for the poor man.

The only reasons why the French cars are not here are because:
1. they required a seperate set of tools, and the american garages are highly unlikely to purchase another set of tools just to accomadate a few customers.

2. the French are selling so many cars in Europe and other parts of the world, that they see no need to sell any cars and deal with US consumer needs, i.e., large soccer mom appetite for humongous vans also known as SUV's. In fact, the French are doing so well, they have plants all over Europe. A aquintance of mine lives in Vigo, SPain, and her dad works for citreon, which has its own man-made island that makes nothing but Citreons. and there are many other plants like this all over europe.

The French cars are not stupid, the French are stupid, there is a difference. If you ever had the chance to ride in a 606 or 809, you would agree too.

Nick

P.S., still feeling awkward for defending something French, but hey, this is my tolerance quota for the year :D