Quantcast

Gravity East 7 Springs New Section Added

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
Did some course plotting with the 7 springs a few weekends ago and was testing the line yesterday at 7 springs. It was decided a bit more natural terrain was needed for all you DH'rs so here is a quick video one of the guys in our group put together.

note the top half is not the race course, on the second half of the video is on EC1, right after the guy in the white shirt jumps off his bike and the rider drops down the rock line, look for the tape next to the boulder, pretty fast drop in line into a rock garden.

Video
Seven Springs, 007 to Lower EC1 on Vimeo

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
That's a fun little looking natural garden. What is with the white handrail thing before that section though. From where the white shirt guy drops off to the bottom, is that the rest of the course?

Looking good so far.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
the white 'handrail' is tape (it was closed most of the day yesterday), that section is the last that needs work to allow you to carry some more speed into it...yeah the course is shaping up

PCinSC

Chimp
Jun 17, 2007
Do you know what the Cat 2 and 3 course going to be? I know the website says EC1 to 007, but those trails mostly run parallel to each other at the top of the mountain. Is it EC1 to 007 to The Glades to Helen's Woods? And what jumps at the bottom are being used - Lowrider or Showtime?

As of today (6/8) there are only 13 racers registered for this event, will it even go off with that few participants?

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
Yes... upper EC to lower 007. 007 does run parallel but brings you riders left on the mountain as you get down through the woods. All the berms in the trees are part of that particular trail. The jumps i doubt they will take you over the the showtime jumps most likely lowrider.

funny conversation we had this weekend though, the lowrider jumps are harder than the showtime kickers...They are small and you have way to much speed, I have seen quite a few novices get hurt on them.

The race will go off regardless of the amount of riders for those categories.

PCinSC

Chimp
Jun 17, 2007
That all sounds great. I was hoping that's were the course is going to run...those berms through the trees are a blast.

I agree 100% that the lowrider tables are more dangerous than the showtime line. I'm not a good jumper and would still rather ride the big ones. Even though I can't clear them I'm more comfortable sucking them up and landing 3/4 the way across the top than having to brake check hard on lowrider to not over shoot the landings.

Although, that's part of racing and I suppose the fastest Cat 2 and 3 riders through that section will be those who best manage their speed over those jumps. I spent a ton of time on that section last Sunday trying to sort it out, but it's tough to try to keep speed and not get my bike's rear-end kicked and go ass over teakettle. My buddy (who can easily clear all the big tables on Showtime) was also having issues.

It's good to hear that the race will run regardless. From what I've gathered it seems like downhillers tend to register last minute. But if I were the promoter I'd be crapping my pants about now. :twitch:

Yes... upper EC to lower 007. 007 does run parallel but brings you riders left on the mountain as you get down through the woods. All the berms in the trees are part of that particular trail. The jumps i doubt they will take you over the the showtime jumps most likely lowrider.

funny conversation we had this weekend though, the lowrider jumps are harder than the showtime kickers...They are small and you have way to much speed, I have seen quite a few novices get hurt on them.

Oh yeah, cool video. I'm actually in it...my buddy and I were grabbing a drink at my car at the top of the hill when you guys were pushing off.

The race will go off regardless of the amount of riders for those categories.

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
Online registration is not working right now so that might be an issue. Looks like I will have to register for CAT 1 on site. I hope that there is a good turnout but a lot of riders will be going to Platty.

PCinSC

Chimp
Jun 17, 2007
A buddy and I registered today, no problem registering online using Firefox. Hopefully I'll see you guys there.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
I'll be coming up. Hope to watch the pens win game 7 and do some rioting friday night so I might get a late start however.
Ya i agree, ill be doing the same, and ill be working the race...If any monkey's are around say whats up, im pretty non descript, might have a pair of gold oakley shades on, ill be the guy with a cooler of Dales Pale...ill buy you a beer :pirate2:

Bigdroptoflat

Monkey
Jan 24, 2008
Maryland
Been looking forward to this track as I am much better at jumping than I am at navigating the technical stuff, hopefully it'll turn out well for me

PCinSC

Chimp
Jun 17, 2007
Been looking forward to this track as I am much better at jumping than I am at navigating the technical stuff, hopefully it'll turn out well for me
Uh, oh. This track doesn't bode well for me since I'm not good at the technical stuff OR jumping. :huh: :D

I'll see you all there, I'll be the big guy on a sh1t brown big hit. Give a shout as you pass me on course during practice. I'm up for beers on Saturday night and Sunday after the race (no, I'm not buying ;) ), say what's up and we'll grab some. :cheers: