Quantcast

Gravity East Downhill Series @ Seven Springs Photos and Videos

stumpjump

Monkey
Sep 14, 2007
DC
I left a pair of Oakley O Frames (red, black, gray) and a black 661 Evo helmet in the grass near the bike wash. If anyone picked this up and knows anything about it ill offer a reward if I get it back.

PM me if you and someone you know picked it up. Much Thanks.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Looks like a fun little spot (videos). Are there race results somewhere? What were times like?

dan wask

Turbo Monkey
May 11, 2006
B-More Maryland
Nice stuff jon! Mike and I were at the trek tent next to the dirt rag guys, did you get any video of us crashin' it up in the rock garden?

Also, did anyone else have a horrible experience with that bitch at the coffee place in the hotel?

'DO YOU SEE ANY PLAIN BAGELS?'

Tedman

Monkey
Oct 27, 2009
Lebanon, PA
Nice stuff jon! Mike and I were at the trek tent next to the dirt rag guys, did you get any video of us crashin' it up in the rock garden?

Also, did anyone else have a horrible experience with that bitch at the coffee place in the hotel?

'DO YOU SEE ANY PLAIN BAGELS?'
I saw this take place. She was quite rude about it.
I like her question though....."so are you guys mt biking today?" as they stand there in moto pants and gearbags.
Uhhh....no, skiing.

pghjon

Chimp
Feb 10, 2009
those look great Jon. what are you shooting with?
thanks, first time shooting a DH race. Can't wait to go back and try it again, with some new knowledge.

the video is a canon s90, good pocket camera for biking....the photos are a D700. Using a 17-35 2.8, a 24-70 2.8, and a 85 1.4. The 85 1.4 is magic.

Last edited:

DJColdwater

Chimp
May 22, 2006
Any one else got some pics?

Looking for a few Gravity Project Riders.
I was informed it was illegal to sell or even give away small size photos from this event, as Seven Springs has their own photographer and did not want others to divert photos sales.

I was threatened with trespassing and removal if I did not comply. I was told they were telling other photographers on the mountain this same policy.

You will not see any photos from SickLines from this event due to his unfortunate policy. Please contact Alex Moser at amoser@7springs.com to file any complaints or suggestions about this policy. Hopefully this policy will change in the future.

pghjon

Chimp
Feb 10, 2009
I was sitting right next to, what I'm pretty sure was, the "official" seven springs photog...along with a few other people taking photos and Hi-Def video. I was never told I couldn't take photos. I saw a mention of the "policy" at SickLines, stupidest thing Seven Springs could ever do. Press is good...much more valuable than a few photo sales.

ldw222

Monkey
Jun 16, 2009
Rochester, NY
looks like this is the guy that crashed in the video above, poor guy...
i was standing in the pits when that guy went over the bars on that last jump in this photo and it was pretty scary. he did a complete front flip and landed on his back on the landing! he popped right up and kept going though. i didn't realize he blew up like that in the rock garden right before it...that's a pretty eventful end to a run...

Mr Lahey

Monkey
Sep 23, 2009
I was sitting right next to, what I'm pretty sure was, the "official" seven springs photog...along with a few other people taking photos and Hi-Def video. I was never told I couldn't take photos. I saw a mention of the "policy" at SickLines, stupidest thing Seven Springs could ever do. Press is good...much more valuable than a few photo sales.

Was this the asshole with the mustache, khaki cargo pants, and d-slr on the full auto setting?

pghjon

Chimp
Feb 10, 2009
Was this the asshole with the mustache, khaki cargo pants, and d-slr on the full auto setting?
I think the official guy was the older dude, khaki pants, red shirt, standing behind the tree at the end of the rock garden...of course on the wrong side of the course tape...

bfrich

Monkey
May 30, 2007
ct
1:15 in, he was attempting to show off I do believe. It was not his race run, unlike the rock garden crash:eek:
That was his race run after the rock garden crash......he was angry! So he did a no hander off the first table then lost his foot off his pedal on the second
table and the front flip superman .... was the result.