Gravity East Number 3 Plattekill Bike Park

bfrich

Monkey
May 30, 2007
ct
Gravity East Series Race # 3 Plattekill Bike Park, Roxbury, NY
Independence Day Weekend!
Friday, July 2 – Monday. July 5

Celebrate Independence Day with the Gravity East Series as it moves north to the mountain that started it all, Plattekill Bike Park in Roxbury NY for Gravity East Series Race # 3 July 2nd, 3rd and 4th

The Gravity East point series is heating up, with a 3 way tie for second place in the men's Pro field between Gavin Vaughan, Jason Memmelaar and Richie Rude all vying for the top spot with Gravity East Series points leader Geritt Beytagh. Fifth place Leif Lorenzen and the rest of the pro men are close behind and all in striking distance. In the Pro women's field it is a battle between Dawn Bourque, Karen Egan and a new rider to the Pro Women's scene Rae Gandolf.

In the amateur fields all the point races are tightening up with the top five spots being all up for grabs in every division. Now that the two mid-Atlantic races are in the books, it could be anybody's series. Everyone gets to drop one race out of the 8 race Gravity East Series. Please check out the Gravity East Series for more series rules and details at http://www.gravityeastseries.com .

Plattekill Bike Park has prepared a long fast and technical course on the famed North side of the mountain. Plattekill Bike Park has been working hard to make 2010 their best season ever. The Bike Park has a new start gate an all new timing system and years of experience to make sure race day runs smoothly. Plattekill gives you plenty of time for free riding on amazing natural terrain. Live results of the race can be found online at
http://www.live-timing.com

The Plattekill bike Park will be open July 2nd - 5th for racing and free riding.
Discounted $20 lift tickets for Friday and Monday each if you have a DH
entry (non racers $30 each day). Pro entry includes free Friday ticket.
A Baked Ziti or Chicken Alfredo dinner will be offered Saturday night.

3. July 2nd - 4th Plattekill Mountain, Roxbury, NY www.plattekill.com
4. July 10th -11th Highland Mountain Bike Park, Northfield, NH www.highlandmountain.com
5. July 31st- Aug.1st Sugarbush Resort, Warren, VTwww.sugarbush.com
6. Aug. 14th-15th Killington Resort, Killington, VT www.killington.com
7. Sept. 11th -12th Whiteface Mtn, Wilmington, NY www.downhillmike.com
8. Oct 2nd - 3rd Vertical Earth Gravity Park, Danielsville, PA www.verticalearthpa.com

bfrich

Monkey
May 30, 2007
ct
I think this will be one of the best weekends to be at Platty, Fourth Of July activities added to a great race weekend!

Eastern States Cup

Turbo Monkey
Feb 29, 2008
East Coast

The tin man is baaaack, same spot?

More info on Monday...for now it's off to Mount Snow for Eastern Cup Series Race #3. Remember the Eastern States Cup is a USAC Regional Championship Series.

Last edited:

boogenman

Turbo Monkey
Nov 3, 2004
BUFFALO
Bummer dude. None of the Buffalo assholes will be there. First time in 9 years I have missed a July at Platty:(

boogenman

Turbo Monkey
Nov 3, 2004
BUFFALO
Nope.

I had plans to drink beer, wakeboard and hang out on the beach in Erie, PA. since last year. Doughboy is going with us down there.

Noodles has turned a new leaf and stopped doing anything fun. Now he just stands in front of a mirror and has frowning competitions with himself.

Nolan wants us to come up for a weekend when there is not a race so we will probably do that in a few weeks. We did get some good riding in at Whiteface last weekend, it was dry as hell and fun. That mountain kicks your a$$.

bfrich

Monkey
May 30, 2007
ct
Bring your Dual Slalom bike because there is a good chance there will be some grassroots Dual Slalom Action!

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA
There will be some DS action This weekend. It will not be USAC sanctioned or cost much if anything.
Freedom isn't Free.
It costs a 30 rack.

This Saturday July 3rd, Plattekill Mountain Bike Park and Spooky present the Race for Freedom. Say “Happy Birthday America!” by spending Sunday evening racing friends and foes alike into the wee hours of the morning. Unsanctioned gambling, home made explosives and strong booze are encouraged at this family-friendly-FreeRace-frenzy.

Race for fun, race to win, race to save Gated Racing from the stranglehold of Europe's oppressive Four Cross Alliance!

Liberation doesn't come from our Governing Bodies. It starts with us.

On this special day, let's celebrate what makes America great;
Guts.

Do you have any?

Suggested entry fee:
This is a party, fool.
Bring the tools you need to Rise Above.

Format
Triple Elimination-
No clock, just balls. Win two rounds to advance. Officiated for the people, by the people. Don't be surprised if we re-flag the track and "race" again.

Whiners, jerks and primadonnas will be ridiculed.

Prizes

Who cares? If you do care, lay down some money, some booze or a rear deraileur and race for pinks round to round.

A 30 rack of American beer is the suggested entry fee for the +21 crowd. Whippersnappers can bring the heat any way they want, but we suggest Glory.

Seeding
Stop by the Spooky bus any time during the weekend and ask to borrow a stopwatch. Find a friend. Time yourselves.

Equipment Regulations
Race your DH bike if that's all you have(the added mass should be great for keeping it upright when you start rubbing elbows), but try to bring a hardtail for Saturday's footdown comp and general parking lot antics.

Race Free or Die

Last edited:

bfrich

Monkey
May 30, 2007
ct

Pre Register and save! http://www.bikereg.com/events/register.asp?eventid=11213

INDEPENDENCE WEEKEND
OPEN 4 DAYS JULY 2-5!!!
Come join us starting this Friday July 2nd for the upcoming JULY 4th WEEKEND...open for recreational riding and racing FOR 4 DAYS STRAIGHT! Discounted $20 lift tickets for Friday and Monday with a DH entry (non racers $30 each day). Pro entry includes free Friday ticket.

This weekend's race is the 3rd stop on the GRAVITY EAST TOUR , and the next event in the 2010 EASTERN STATES CUP SERIES!!!

Lots of great riding, racing & spectating with an all new AWESOME course!

BBQing, baked ziti dinner, foot down competition, fun DS course thanks to Spooky Cycles and MORE!
Recreational riding open Friday-Monday 10am-5pm. DH RACE Sunday at 11am.
$1000 PRO CASH PURSE, CASH 3 DEEP TO ALL CAT1 & CAT2 CLASSES & GREAT PRIZES TO BE AWARDED TO CAT3 CLASSES!

& SAVE (NO pre-reg surcharges). On-site reg. rates are $5 more!

HOPE TO SEE YOU HERE !!!

Until next time....SHUT UP AND RIDE.
www.plattekill.com

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
If I want a discount Monday ticket do I have to buy it at the same time I reg? I don't yet know if I'll be able to stick around.

soul-skier

Monkey
May 18, 2009
Mother Nature
nah dude I was back in the gym yesterday, still a bit sore but I decided to SIUP.

Definitely gotta show me the course. is the tin man step down in it?
tin man is in full effect. I haven't hit it since last year's fiasco. The new line into it carries even more speed than last years line. This weekend I will follow a trustworthy soul off it to get the speed dialed - Husdon if he is there. some ninja lines and gaps elswhere depending on how it's taped. Good times ahead!

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
tin man is in full effect. I haven't hit it since last year's fiasco. The new line into it carries even more speed than last years line. This weekend I will follow a trustworthy soul off it to get the speed dialed - Husdon if he is there. some ninja lines and gaps elswhere depending on how it's taped. Good times ahead!
gotcha. you gonna be there friday? we should take a course walk

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
ill be sure to have the camera rolling this time when you "speed check it" :rofl:

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
You should have got an Xprezo.

The 4x is in pieces scattered throughout my basement. If I race 2x it will be on the Furax. Are you talking about the Spooky slalom or did I miss something???
lol, buy a Xprezo. that was a funny one. :rolleyes:

did Macker finish up the DS course or was he still working on it last weekend?

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA
I have no idea what the Dual or DS track looks like, but from what I've heard it's at least roughed out, if not finished. We're going to show up in the middle of the night tonight and see, but I'm planning on putting as much additional work into it tomrrow as we can.
If someone wants to make me some eggs and bacon early enough in the morning I'm considering hiking up and trying to build another lane on the track Neko helped us built back at the GRT race. 2 tracks are better than one!
The great thing about Platty is that all you need to build a DS track is a rock rake, a spade and a big ****ing hammer.

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
I'm considering hiking up and trying to build another lane on the track Neko helped us built back at the GRT race. 2 tracks are better than one!
The great thing about Platty is that all you need to build a DS track is a rock rake, a spade and a big ****ing hammer.
is that still there from the GRT race?

yeah, the nice thing is that the ground is easily shaped with little effort.