Quantcast

Gravity East Series Race #2 Windham Mountain, Windham, NY June 28 - 30, 2012

Gravity East

Monkey
Apr 22, 2011
View attachment 111367

View attachment 111368

Gravity East Series Race #2 Windham Mountain, Windham, NY.

Round 2 of the Gravity East Series cranks into Windham, NY June 28 – 30, 2012.

(June 14, 2012) – For the third consecutive year Windham Mountain, NY sets the stage for the Gravity East downhill bike series for 2012. Against the backdrop of the Catskill Mountains GES racers will take to a fun and challenging course at the second round of the 2012 series. The Pro division at this stop will be racing for a purse of $2000.00.

Additionally, Gravity East will sponsor the Lars Tribus Masters Challenge. 100% of the entry fees will be donated to the foundation. This special Masters Category charity event is in support of the Arthritis Foundation.

2879.gif

Race #2 of the GES takes place alongside the international atmosphere of the Windham NY Mountain Bike World Cup Festival complete with wide variety of entertaining events that cater to cycling and non-cycling visitors. Some of these include a ride the plank challenge, vendor expo, block party, live music, motocross aerial show, and kids race.

According to Ernie Reale:
“Rode the gravity east course today at Windham, after weeks of work , it is the best its ever been and one of the funnest courses I've ever ridden. Lots of new features including a rock drop into the upper rock garden. Freshcut , jumps , some new berms, new rock gardens ! A total mix of Windham, Plattekill, Diablo and old school Mount Snow in one track ! “ June 10 at 9:36pm

2968.jpg

Gravity East would like to thank: title sponsor, Maxxis Tires, presenting sponsor, Formula, associate sponsors, Fox Racing Shox, Kali Protective’s, Nema, Profile Elite, Dark Timbers, and supporting sponsors Fast Line Racing and Dirt Rag for their outstanding support of the 2012 Gravity East Series.

Save $5.00 by registering online here Online entry fee is $75.00 Amateur $80.00 Pro

On-Site Registration/Packet Pick-up Schedule:

Entry Fee for Gravity East DH On-site $80.00 Amateur $85.00 Pro

$2000.00 Dollar Pro Purse (Men and Women)

Product Prizing from GES Partners:
Maxxis Tires, Formula Brake, Fox Racing Shox Kali Protective’s, Fox Racing Shox, NEMA, Profile Racing, Dirtrag Magazine

Thursday & Friday June 28th & 29th Registration 9:00am-4:00pm 2nd Floor Base Lodge

Saturday 9:00am-12:00pm Late Registration $5.00 additional to entry fee

Training and Race Schedule Thursday June 28th-Saturday June 30th

Thursday June 28th: Training times – 10:00am-1:00pm & 4:30pm-6:30pm

Friday June 29th: Training times – 12:00pm-2:00pm & 4:00pm-6:30pm

Friday June 29th 8:00pm-11:00pm Windham Downtown Block Party don’t miss it!!

Saturday Training and Race Information:

Saturday Training from 12:00pm to 2:00pm Last Chance course inspection

Start Times will be posted at the All Sports Events Timing Tent at 2:00pm

Race Starts at 3:00pm Awards to follow

Saturday Happenings!!!

6:30pm FMX Motocross show with Jeff Lenosky Stunt Show

8:00pm Free Concert with Voodelic, CKS and the Band 3

For Maps additional Information visit www.racewindham.com

Lars Tribus Masters Challenge Registration Info:

Onsite Registration Only for this Charity Race

Thursday - Saturday 6/28/2012 through 6/30/2012

9-4pm 6/28/2012 though 6/29/2012

9-12:00pm 6/30/2012

For Practice and Race Schedule visit http://www.racewindham.com
Entry fee for the Athitis Charity Race is $60.00

USA Cycling active licenses required or $10.00 one day licenses will be available at race registration.

For information on the Gravity East Series:
www.gravityeastseries.com

To register for the GES Race #2, June 28-30, 2012 at Windham Mountain, NY:
https://www.bikereg.com/Net/16446

For Windham, NY Mountain Bike World Cup Festival details: http://www.racewindham.com/

Last edited:

Gravity East

Monkey
Apr 22, 2011
Feeling like Santa, just finished loading prize bags for GES #2 at Windham, NY.....Thanks to our partners Maxxis, Formula, Fox Racing Shox, Kali Protectives, Nema, Profile Racing, Dark Timbers, Fast Line Racing, World Cup Supply, and Dirt Rag. Come and get 'em!

Last edited:

phill1

Chimp
Jun 24, 2006
I was there the other day riding the X/C track. When I was done A truck pulled up and the guy asked if I wanted to ride the GES track, Thank You Mike for the shuttle to the top. That track is FUN and I did it on my 6" all mountain bike.

Gravity East

Monkey
Apr 22, 2011
We the GES Team first want to thank ALL the Domestic riders who came out to Windham for GES # 2 and a big thanks to the International riders as well, we cannot have have these events without you.......For that reason the entire Gravity East Staff Thanks You all!!

Next I want to send out a Personal Thanks to the GES Team, Dieter Ward VP Joe Olivas my Race Director, Frank Endreson Jr. Asst. Race Director, Kris Emery Registration, Quinton Johnson GES staffer, our sponsored Team Fast Line Racing, Jason Scheiding Exclusive Raceday Videographer, our newest member Lucas Bayus our Race Photographer, providing you all with Pictures, and of course Windham mountain and their staff. Would like to throw a BIG Thanks to Jarad Kleinberg of Mad Kats Productions, for covering this weekend’s event for a special one off video coming soon....Thank You All and anyone I may have missed. Thank You!!!