Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
Last edited:

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
I think any of those should be fine. Most bike companies use the zerk grease fittings like you describe. Most people use manitou prep m grease - you need a thin viscosity grease and its important to make sure its safe with plastics and seals (most synthetic greases are OK while some regular grease lubes can dry out and destroy plastics/rubber)

Santa Cruz uses giant automotive fittings on some of their bikes now which need a different gun, they stick out rather than being concave, and they've positioned them so crap can fly up and get in them or large objects can strike them - brilliant!

Last edited:

big-ted

Danced with A, attacked by C, fired by D.
Sep 27, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Seb, I like the Dualco ones that have a canister that you actually have to fill with the grease, rather than just screwing it onto the tube. I usually find the plastic the tube is made from is super soft and the threads strip out if you lean on the gun slightly awkwardly.

matsO

Monkey
Aug 26, 2006
I can add that if the tip is from plastic it will pobably break (immediately, mine did). Or it can be such fun that the threads are different for every grease brand so that when you have a good grease gun the grease tube does not fit... :)

My tip, by steel grease gun plus grease tube from same manufacturer.

Stay away from the Finish line and others alike!

Last edited: