Quantcast

Greasy Hands? Great tip!!

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
I have a great tip for all you guys and Gals that love to work on your bikes, but hate the greasy hands that you get from doing so...

This is the BEST way to get that nasty smelly grease off your hands that I have seen.

Trader Joes's sells these jars of salt Scrub (in the dept with shampoo and stuff). There is a Tea Tree oil one, and my favorite, the Grapefruit/chamomile.

Just scoop a little into your hands and rub it in, then rinse.
It gets ALL of the grease off, and leave your hands with a nice citrus smell.

I'd like to thank my wife for introducing me to this FOOFY product.

TCoop924

Monkey
Jul 29, 2002
WA
Nice suggestion. Have to try that one out sometime. I also like Gojo Orange Cleaner w/ pumice as well. And again, makes my hands smell like citrus.

As a side note, salt scrub + wound = :dead: (I'm rough on my hands when I wrench). Though the citric acid in the Gojo burns a little too.

Kornphlake

Turbo Monkey
Oct 8, 2002
Portland, OR
Laundry detergent works well for getting the smell off and it's not bad for getting oil and grease out of your finger prints either. It just feels like it's never washed off, you know that slimy soapy feeling, untill you dry your hands, then you'll only notice the spring breeze scent.

GumbaFish

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2004
Rochester N.Y.
I use gojo with the pumice in it as well, works pretty well and takes away all of the smell. The little scrubber that comes with it for your fingers is pretty helpful unless you really have stuff built up under your nails from a pretty long repair session.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
I agree about the Gojo w/ pumice. I used to buy it in the big industrial size pump bottle.. You know, the one that's so big you can only fit it underneath the sink?

Dish detergent is decent for getting the grease off but I hate how it feels like it's never washed off.

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
binary visions said:
I agree about the Gojo w/ pumice. I used to buy it in the big industrial size pump bottle.. You know, the one that's so big you can only fit it underneath the sink?

Dish detergent is decent for getting the grease off but I hate how it feels like it's never washed off.
I used to use the Pumice stuff, but I like the salt better b/c it disolves in water.

Just like back in college when I, I mean my FRIENDS, used salt to clean out their "water pipes". ;)

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
My GF uses that Chamomile/Graprefruit scrub. I love the smell!

I usually just wash my hands thoroughly and then put on some hand lotion, after a few minutes if you wash again the grease stains lift right off. I think the lotion soaks in and loosens everything up.