Quantcast

great... 10 US Soldiers dead in Falluja

s1ngletrack

Monkey
Aug 17, 2004
Denver
Westy said:
I just finished my 4th grapple. I still don't get the grape relation but I have grown to like it. I no longer notice the petrochemical taste, maybe it was just a fluke on the first one. But they do smell great.

Would fermented grapple juice be considered cider or wine? Hmmm.
This wasn't the indignant response I had envisioned...

"Wider" I think they'd call it.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
BurlyShirley said:
Thank you for the breakdown, but it still makes no sense. The Iraqi govt. is just starting. It has no army to enforce any thing. One of the main reasons the US is there is to train that army. Without it, regardless of how much money they have, the interim government is powerless.
1) Every Government has to start somewhere.
2) There is a small Iraqi army already, and a sizeable police force. Plus they are not so helpless they could not train themselves. They have manged it in the past.
3) With 2 billion dollars, they could easily hire their own private army from somewhere other than the US to ensure their security. If you really want you could do a phased handover.

The aim of these fighters is to bring down the interim govt. and install their own muslim fundamentalist leaders. Without US protection and force, this WILL happen.
Wrong. They want the US out first and foremost. I'm sure that grabbing a bit of power is a secondary objective, but without the radicalizing force of the US presence, the traditionaly sensible and secular Iraqi people will reject their leadership. If the US is still present when these elections take place, there will be a far greater chance of Radical elements being elected to government legitimatly, thus planting the seeds for democratic radicalisation of the country at a later date.

What needs to be done is being done, IMO. The remnants of the Ba'ath party and the moneys that fund it are being swept up as we speak in Fallujah.
No, Sorry, you're wrong. Pay attention. Tjousands have fled Falluja, including of course, many of the radicals, ready to take their stand in the next town.
This will take time, but a plan is in place. A very viable plan, which of course you wont take into consideration for you hate of the US.
Your plan will end up having to decimate every major city in Iraq and will still end up with a massive radical presence in the countryside. Didn't you learn anything from Afghanistan? But, hey, Kill everyone: Great plan!
But for a moment, put that aside and look what's trying to be accomplished here. Forget about GWB for a minute, and look at the fact that we're installing a democracy. it costs human lives to do that. It always does. When they can vote, or at least defend themselves without our help,
If I was particularly cynical I might suggest they're having a pretty good go at defending themselves right now.
it will be time for us to leave, but it makes NO SENSE AT ALL to leave now. None.
If you stay till the vote, you will be voted against. Radicals, or radical sympathetic elements will be voted in. If you can't see that you are in denial.

To be honest all of this is moot. None of this will happen. George Bush is not there to install a democracy. This may happen as a bi-product, but as you know, but have trouble admitting, you did not go into Iraq to help the Iraqi people. You went in for Oil. The US will be in there until a situation comes about which allows the US to control the oil in the country, even if that means a permanent presence, and constant skirmishes. Say it ain't so.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Westy said:
I'm gonna have an Grapple, it is an apple that is supposed to taste like a grape. It really just tastes like apple with a touch of gasoline.
That bio-fruit may be the humanitarian solution Changleen is hoping the US will implement in Iraq. We can combine grapples with a touch of soap to create Grapalm. Then we paste fallujah with it, simultaneously feeding and cleaning the innocents while killing the infidels with a sweet smelling personal inferno.

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
dan-o said:
That bio-fruit may be the humanitarian solution Changleen is hoping the US will implement in Iraq. We can combine grapples with a touch of soap to create Grapalm. Then we paste fallujah with it, simultaneously feeding and cleaning the innocents while killing the infidels with a sweet smelling personal inferno.

Ohhhh, I LIKE it!!!!

:thumb:

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
dan-o said:
Why bother with all the genetic engineering? Bush doesn't believe in it anyway. You could just go on using regular napalm, though: http://www.islamonline.net/English/News/2003-08/10/article10.shtml

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
dan-o said:
You caught us. Despite having US troops in the center of the city we're secretly using the 757 that "hit" the Pentagon to drop naplam.
No no no, Mossad already ditched it in the Atlantic. :D

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
dan-o said:
Now we are thinking. When all is said and done we roll in the Tomacco and roll in the $$ with tangy niteshade addiction.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Changleen said:
To be honest all of this is moot. None of this will happen. George Bush is not there to install a democracy. This may happen as a bi-product, but as you know, but have trouble admitting, you did not go into Iraq to help the Iraqi people. You went in for Oil. The US will be in there until a situation comes about which allows the US to control the oil in the country, even if that means a permanent presence, and constant skirmishes. Say it ain't so.
You have a skewed view of the situation. Why on earth do you think they want the US gone more than they want power? They only want the US gone so they can grab the power.
As for their troops, it is not a sizable army. It is still relatively small and thus far powerless as we have seen demonstrated. Sure with a bunch of money they could just hire some other troops, but that isnt the long term solution. No one is better at training military forces than the US. To leave now would create such total Chaos, do you not understand that EVERYTHING would collapse? This govt. wouldnt have a chance to start if not for the US presence.
And did you say something about another Afghanistan? You mean the one that just held free elections?
The US will never control Iraq's oil changleen. You just dont seem to get it. We may very well buy most of it, but that will be at the profit of the Iraqis as a whole instead of Saddam Hussein himself. Its like your conspiracy theories dont even allow you to think.
Freeing up a large portion of the world's oil resources from a maniac isnt such a bad thing either when you look at it.
Face it. The only way to keep Iraq stable is to have US troops thre until the govt. can watch its own back. We asked the UN for help, but got none. This isnt a job for mercenaries either. It needs to be done right, and you need to lay off the conspiracy kool-aid and watch this thing work.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
BurlyShirley said:
You have a skewed view of the situation. Why on earth do you think they want the US gone more than they want power? They only want the US gone so they can grab the power.
As for their troops, it is not a sizable army. It is still relatively small and thus far powerless as we have seen demonstrated. Sure with a bunch of money they could just hire some other troops, but that isnt the long term solution. No one is better at training military forces than the US. To leave now would create such total Chaos, do you not understand that EVERYTHING would collapse? This govt. wouldnt have a chance to start if not for the US presence.
And did you say something about another Afghanistan? You mean the one that just held free elections?
The US will never control Iraq's oil changleen. You just dont seem to get it. We may very well buy most of it, but that will be at the profit of the Iraqis as a whole instead of Saddam Hussein himself. Its like your conspiracy theories dont even allow you to think.
Freeing up a large portion of the world's oil resources from a maniac isnt such a bad thing either when you look at it.
Face it. The only way to keep Iraq stable is to have US troops thre until the govt. can watch its own back. We asked the UN for help, but got none. This isnt a job for mercenaries either. It needs to be done right, and you need to lay off the conspiracy kool-aid and watch this thing work.
Wow, and you think MY vision is skewed...

OK, Look we're never going to agree on this and I have a lot of work to do today. I have a strong urge to dig at your points but we're going to end up in circles like always. Let's just see what happens shall we?

I'm betting that as long as the US stays there there will be continuing violence, and you'll end up with a sham election like in Afghanistan, where only Kabul is 'safe and democratic' and the rest (70%) of the country and 50% of the population is once again in the hands of warlords under sharia law and the country is the number one producer of Opium in the world already. Nice job guys. Still, looks good when viewed through the Fox News filter.

And as for the US being the best trainers in the world...Whatever, Dude.

Let's just let this one die eh? It's getting old already.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Wow, glad I missed all this until now...

There's everywhere and nowhere to start with this one.

The one thing I would like to point out to you, Changleen, is that conscientious objectors are people who refuse to be drafted, not soldiers who refuse to obey orders.

I'm generally appreciative of your presence on the forum, but your comments have honestly perplexed me. I thought more of you. The little spat Ciaran and I had (and we've since cleared up) the other week was spurred on by what I thought was an ignorant comment, but your comments aren't ignorant at all...they're just malicious and hateful. I can see you now, ready to quote ' criminals' and 'malicious and hateful' and pair them with an image of dead Iraqis or the president or something, but you needn't bother (though I'm sure you will anyhow).

I'm just really disappointed that you'd lash out like that so illogically. (I know, I can see your response that 'logical people wouldn't go fight in that illegal war.')

But the military simply can't work without people who are willing, under any circumstance, to put personal and political feelings aside to accomplish the mission to which they are directed, within the legal contraints put forth (in America's case, in the Uniform Code of Military Justice). I'm never going to say America shouldn't have an effective military, so we can't have a military which questions its orders.

Frankly, if the military doesn't do what the civilians want (through inaction OR action), it has become a danger to the society it should serve. If it doesn't go to Iraq, why should it not do whatever else it feels like? Say, take domestic action...influence politics...all those great things associated with military juntas in so many enlightened nations around the world?

I know you know I'm not an idiot, and I'd be over there if my orders told me to be over there, and I'd be doing what I had to do to get the job done. I've never thought you were an idiot, but now I'm seeing that you're so rooted in your own ideology, and planning on/enjoying rooting yourself deeper, that discussion or debate seems pointless. So I can't believe I've even written this much.

MD

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
fluff said:
Look, Changleen may be being a dick here but as people have died for being concientious objectors (firing squads less than 100 years ago in the UK), i.e. died for their beliefs, you are now making the same mistake as he is if you dismiss their beliefs.
No. You die for your beliefs and are a concientious objector when you are drafted and refuse to go.

When you VOLUNTEER, and then QUIT, you are a pussy.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Changleen said:
Trancend, you claim to be doing a PHD in International Relations - a fact you like to bring up nearly every time I run into you. (get over it, dude - you're not special) Despite this you seem utterly incapable of realising that my opinion is the tip of the iceberg of what most of the rest of the world thinks of this little killing spree you're on right now.
You don't seem to understand that you have NO IDEA WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT. Opinions aside, factually you have your head so far up your ass you are starting to see light again.

Oh, and I am not american.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
lol.....it's nice to se everyone here agree on something, that something being that Changleen is nuts. :D Who'da thought that it only took was an outspoken New Zealander to bring our political sides together. :)

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Transcend said:
Holy crap, you really are as stupid as you seem.

Kick the hell out of a country, and then leave it in ruins with no active working government. Great plan! :thumb:

Besides everyone knows the practically the best thing that can happen to a country is to get crushed by the US. We'll spend billions upon billions to build it back better that it ever was so it can compete with us globally. All new infrastructure, new constituion, new goverment paid for by us the US tax payer.

:D

Enjoy!

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
N8 said:
Besides everyone knows the practically the best thing that can happen to a country is to get crushed by the US. We'll spend billions upon billions to build it back better that it ever was so it can compete with us globally. All new infrastructure, new constituion, new goverment paid for by us the US tax payer.

:D

Enjoy!
exactly, but you gotta let them rebuild! This guy wants you to cut and run. :stosh:

s1ngletrack

Monkey
Aug 17, 2004
Denver
I Are Baboon said:
lol.....it's nice to se everyone here agree on something, that something being that Changleen is nuts. :D Who'da thought that it only took was an outspoken New Zealander to bring our political sides together. :)
I try to stay away from the political forum as a rule, but watching that sort of stupidity run unchecked is enough to push just about anyone over the edge. :)

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
So Westy likes grapples..... the first step in my plan for world domination is underway....

Oh and who knew tuna was so flamible. I guess fish for dinner wasn't in my future.

Chanqleen wow...... that's all I can say is wow. Oh and I finally found the source of N8s quote from the Chanq man. Dude.... WOW.

I just finished my 12th beer. One of which was a Samuel Adams Chocolate Bock and another was two glasses of Utopia....beer with a 25%abv..... Did I mention that my dinner went up in flames? Anyone know how to get the smell of burnt fish out of a house?

Transcend (oh christmas tree oh christmas tree) I'm with you on the pussy comment... Is it okay to say pussy under the rulz? sorry if it isn't.

I'm eying a bottle of grappa in my freezer, that might be jst the thing for dinner....

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
MikeD said:
Wow, glad I missed all this until now...

There's everywhere and nowhere to start with this one.

The one thing I would like to point out to you, Changleen, is that conscientious objectors are people who refuse to be drafted, not soldiers who refuse to obey orders.

I'm generally appreciative of your presence on the forum, but your comments have honestly perplexed me. I thought more of you. The little spat Ciaran and I had (and we've since cleared up) the other week was spurred on by what I thought was an ignorant comment, but your comments aren't ignorant at all...they're just malicious and hateful. I can see you now, ready to quote ' criminals' and 'malicious and hateful' and pair them with an image of dead Iraqis or the president or something, but you needn't bother (though I'm sure you will anyhow).

I'm just really disappointed that you'd lash out like that so illogically. (I know, I can see your response that 'logical people wouldn't go fight in that illegal war.')

But the military simply can't work without people who are willing, under any circumstance, to put personal and political feelings aside to accomplish the mission to which they are directed, within the legal contraints put forth (in America's case, in the Uniform Code of Military Justice). I'm never going to say America shouldn't have an effective military, so we can't have a military which questions its orders.

Frankly, if the military doesn't do what the civilians want (through inaction OR action), it has become a danger to the society it should serve. If it doesn't go to Iraq, why should it not do whatever else it feels like? Say, take domestic action...influence politics...all those great things associated with military juntas in so many enlightened nations around the world?

I know you know I'm not an idiot, and I'd be over there if my orders told me to be over there, and I'd be doing what I had to do to get the job done. I've never thought you were an idiot, but now I'm seeing that you're so rooted in your own ideology, and planning on/enjoying rooting yourself deeper, that discussion or debate seems pointless. So I can't believe I've even written this much.

MD
Good post Mike. To be honest, my main point I was trying to make was that the war is stupid and pointless, and I kind of over-reacted/got pissed off by the crap posted by others and vented spleen about the whole troop thing. I don't really think that every soldier can be expected to question every action he takes, however it was a good laugh watching certain idiots get all bent out of shape, and I can also tell you that I personally would never follow such orders from above. I do think once you reach the level of officer you should be practicing some sort of discernment when carrying out orders, and I do think that higher up the chain of command there are people giving order that they must know are utterly immoral based on the utter lack of reason for this war. Anyway, whatever. It's an argument on the internet.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Transcend said:
You don't seem to understand that you have NO IDEA WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT. Opinions aside, factually you have your head so far up your ass you are starting to see light again.

Oh, and I am not american.
You are however, a complete and utter dick. **** off.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
s1ngletrack said:
I try to stay away from the political forum as a rule, but watching that sort of stupidity run unchecked is enough to push just about anyone over the edge. :)
You need to get out more, and you should try and stick to your own rules.

Transcend said:
glad you live in new zealand rather then over here. That is the stupidest thing i have ever heard comne out of your mouth. I love people who try and justify war as being legal vs illegal.

Guess what? You breached another countries sovereignty, therefore any war is illegal. by definition.

Being a soldier is a job. They join and are trained to serve. It is not their position to question orders, simply carry them out. If you decide to be a pansy and back out, then i hope you are hanged for bailing just when you country needs you the most.

Let me make it very clear, i do not support bush's insane policies for the most part (economically he has very sound policies). But Saddaam HUssein was not a nice man, and had to go. Maybe the war was started out of BS pre-texts, but it's on. You can't very well just get up and leave now, it has to be finished.

Anyone with a half a brain would know something about valour, integrity and honor. Apparently you do not have half a brain.

broad generalization: people who discuss matters like this the way you do, have no real clue about how the world actually works around their sheltered little bubbles of freedom. Please get a clue and call me in the morning.

Thank YOU Mr. T, about time someone else point out the slight imperfection of Mr. Changleen. :thumb:

Changleen said:
Wow, and you think MY vision is skewed...

OK, Look we're never going to agree on this and I have a lot of work to do today. I have a strong urge to dig at your points but we're going to end up in circles like always. Let's just see what happens shall we?

I'm betting that as long as the US stays there there will be continuing violence, and you'll end up with a sham election like in Afghanistan, where only Kabul is 'safe and democratic' and the rest (70%) of the country and 50% of the population is once again in the hands of warlords under sharia law and the country is the number one producer of Opium in the world already. Nice job guys. Still, looks good when viewed through the Fox News filter.

And as for the US being the best trainers in the world...Whatever, Dude.

Let's just let this one die eh? It's getting old already.
So you are saying it's not better than what Saddam was doing to this poor country? oh, all the mislenous secret excutions, rapes, robberries sure don't mean a thing to you then?

Wow, now changleen is a Saddam Apologist. Life is good.....
;)

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
nicklin said:
So you are saying it's not better than what Saddam was doing to this poor country? oh, all the mislenous secret excutions, rapes, robberries sure don't mean a thing to you then?

;)
life may or may not be better for iraqis. i don't care. what i do care about is that life is worse for u.s. citizens as a result of the iraq war, due to increased animosity towards the u.s. and the resulting increase in support for radical causes, the death toll among u.s. troops, and the staggering and ongoing cost of the iraq war.

why do conservatives all of a sudden become pious about human rights issues, when previous administrations have shown that the buck is almighty? :stupid: <-- literally

fluff

Monkey Turbo
Sep 8, 2001
Feeling the lag
Transcend said:
No. You die for your beliefs and are a concientious objector when you are drafted and refuse to go.

When you VOLUNTEER, and then QUIT, you are a pussy.
Did you read my mail? You may want to re-read it as I did not say that refusing to obey orders was being a concientious objector. I actually said: "And for Changleen - you cannot sign up and then suddenly get a conscience when an actual fire-fight comes along."

I was however pointing out that genuine concientious objectors have gone before a firing squad rather than take up arms to kill others - very much dying for their beliefs and not being pussies in any way.

So your beef is not with me.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
fluff said:
Did you read my mail? You may want to re-read it as I did not say that refusing to obey orders was being a concientious objector. I actually said: "And for Changleen - you cannot sign up and then suddenly get a conscience when an actual fire-fight comes along."

I was however pointing out that genuine concientious objectors have gone before a firing squad rather than take up arms to kill others - very much dying for their beliefs and not being pussies in any way.

So your beef is not with me.
Fluff, I'm disapointed that you're avoiding confrontation with this self-righteous moron. Although I can see why. He certainly is annoying.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
nicklin said:

;)
Yup, that's exactly what I said. You can compare it - letter for letter. See how they are exactly the same?

You can call me whatever you want if it makes you feel better. I don't give a crap. It might look a bit better if you spelt it right, but hey, I know your government thinks killing 'evildoers' is more important than the education of it's own, so I'll forgive you that one.

However, I do suggest you take time out to compare these grievances you obviously feel so strongly about with the very recent record of your own country, if you can actually find it anywhere within your own borders.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Toshi said:
why do conservatives all of a sudden become pious about human rights issues, when previous administrations have shown that the buck is almighty? :stupid: <-- literally
I think its called a 'fall back position'.