Quantcast

Great American Beer Festival Monkeys?

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
My girl and I have tix to the GABF this year up in Denver, CO. We're going to the Thur eve and Saturday during the day. We're looking forward to it! Are any other Monkeys going?

It's been a good/crappy summer, so with green chile roasting season a couple weeks away and Fall right around the corner, we're ready to for a mini-road trip before we head to New Zealand in Dec.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Jenn and I are going on Friday night and I'm going on Saturday. I want to see if any monkeys are interested in a lunch or drinks or something while I'm out there but will probably hold off planning until we get back from our trip to Peru.

Would like to grab drinks but you have to promise not to use the awful hipster filters on any photos you take. ;)

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
Jenn and I are going on Friday night and I'm going on Saturday. I want to see if any monkeys are interested in a lunch or drinks or something while I'm out there but will probably hold off planning until we get back from our trip to Peru.

Would like to grab drinks but you have to promise not to use the awful hipster filters on any photos you take. ;)
hey, if you bring a bike and have a free sunday in Lima, pm me.

We do big mountain rides (think 10000+ vertical ft down) on sundays, the ones in bike magazines, and will gladly take you for a ride.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
hey, if you bring a bike and have a free sunday in Lima, pm me.

We do big mountain rides (think 10000+ vertical ft down) on sundays, the ones in bike magazines, and will gladly take you for a ride.
Oh, man, I forgot you were in Lima.

That sounds awesome. Unfortunately, we only have about one day in Lima, into which we are trying to pack several sightseeing trips, a meal, and paragliding before jetting off back to the US. It's our last day on the trip and no bikes will be brought.

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
I hate all of you that are going to the GABF, I've been wanting to go for years but it would cost a lot for plane tix, hotel, and food/beer. Have fun everyone and stay safe!

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
GABF Recap:
-466 breweries in the festival hall
-2,375 beers served at the festival
-49,000 attendees
-Approximately 3,300 volunteers
-526 breweries in the competition from 48 states, Washington, D.C. and Puerto Rico
-3,930 beers judged (includes 86 Pro-Am competition entries)
-83 style categories judged, plus the Pro-Am competition
-167 judges from nine countries
-Average number of competition beers entered in each category: 48
-Category with highest number of entries: 176, American Style India Pale Ale
--Gold Medal for this category went to Albuquerque's La Cumbre Brewing Co.

Me, my fiance, and our two friends at GABF Thur Eve

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
I didn't do a damn thing got GABF besides go to Denver Beer Co on Saturday to try some of their GABF entries. They are getting a lot better.