Quantcast

great...ANOTHER shed question

NotQuiteJdm

Monkey
Mar 25, 2004
Maryland
What would be the best tire and size for the shed? I rarely ride my FS and when I do it'll be up there and maybe a few times up at snowshoe. :dead:

Castle

Turbo Monkey
Jun 10, 2002
VA
I've never ridden the shed, nor do I know what bike you ride, but Maxxis and Michelin tires are a safe bet....

NotQuiteJdm

Monkey
Mar 25, 2004
Maryland
I have a Rocky Mountain RM7, the shed is extremely rocky. I have a 2.5 Blue Groove F and a 2.3 Conti. Vert. R and the blue groove isn't that great in rocky areas while the conti is too small and slids out easy. I was thinking the Minions? 2.5 all around or a 2.7 on the front

ROBdropGOboom

Monkey
Mar 1, 2004
near Fresno
If there is snow, I'm in Guam now but, run some 2.3 Nokian Gazzalodi's...low middle tread and knobby sides. Really good trail tires! If you don't know, alot of pro DHrs like to run center slicks.

Gunther

Chimp
Oct 6, 2004
On my SLX/Boxxer I run a 2.35 maxxis mobster/high roller st.
On the DHR/monster I use 2.7 or 2.5 mobster, 2.5 high roller 60.
or 2.7 dh fro and 2.5 909 ex.

2.5 minions will hook.

We'll be there Sunday doing a long 4 hour plus xc/fr/dh shuttle run.
You know theres like 13 dh shuttle runs at the shed. I'll also be exploring
a new section for a sweet dh.

SDH

I'm normal
Oct 2, 2001
Northern Va.
I am with gunt on this one..............

Basically need a tire with a good side wall cuz of the rocks.

I would go with the Maxxis combo of 2.5fr/2.3rear

If you want to go on the less expensive side of things I would go with Nevegals 2.5/2.3

Michie's are way soft and get tore up in the shed, great tire though would just won't have it for long.

Yo Gunt, what up. Getting my XC bike squared away you guys still ride during the week? Hope you and the fam. are doing well for the Holidays

Happy New Year

Gunther

Chimp
Oct 6, 2004
Thanks Steve, everyones doing great, Lil Kyle is already doing tricks on his big wheel.
Tom, Joe and I hit it every Tuesday and Thursday over at the rail trail or the backyard.
You should come on out when you get some time, we hit from 6 to 9 rain or shine.

Also we might start riding some urban down in old town Alexandria its like 3 miles from
my place. Charge that light up and let me know when you want to ride.

happy new years

DamienC

Turbo Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
DC
Maxxis High Rollers in 2.5/60D have worked well for me at the 'Shed. I've tried softer compounds but I've found that they wear out too quickly there for my tastes.

Paris

Monkey
Aug 24, 2004
The Commonwealth
IMHO 2.5 or bigger tires ARE necessary. The rocks are everywhere and if you don't run big tires you're gonna get thrown around and trash your rims.

Personally I run 2.5 Minions.