Quantcast

Great Band

SuperKat

Monkey
Jul 3, 2005
New York
I saw an awesome band last night. They're called BLOC PARTY. There from England....Kind of a Cold Play/U2ish band with a little more punk thrown in.
it was at McCarren Park Pool in Brooklyn, which was an interesting venue. It's literally a big, empty pool.
Anyway, I highly recommend a check for them on iTunes or whatever you have. Only one album out so far and a bunch of remixes.
BYE!

Kat

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Going to see tham Friday! I'm particularly fond of 'Blue Light'

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
SuperKat said:
I saw an awesome band last night. They're called BLOC PARTY. There from England....Kind of a Cold Play/U2ish band with a little more punk thrown in.
it was at McCarren Park Pool in Brooklyn, which was an interesting venue. It's literally a big, empty pool.
Anyway, I highly recommend a check for them on iTunes or whatever you have. Only one album out so far and a bunch of remixes.
BYE!

Kat
I've heard them on XM and they sound pretty good :thumb:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Kat your new avatar is creepy.

BLOC PARTY is some good stuff.

LCD soundsystem is good too. I only associate the 2 b/c where I go rock climbing at school the guy in charge always plays both bands a lot.

Tame Ape

BUY HOPE!!!!!!!
Mar 4, 2003
NYC
jonKranked said:
Kat your new avatar is creepy.

BLOC PARTY is some good stuff.

LCD soundsystem is good too. I only associate the 2 b/c where I go rock climbing at school the guy in charge always plays both bands a lot.

If you like LCD, you'll probably dig some the other bands/groups on the DFA label. Start with !!! aka chikchikchik.

CAVEDWELLER

Chimp
May 5, 2006
I heart Bloc Party. Staying Fat is a good song that's only on one of their singles. Check out Death From Above 1979 (who remixed Luno on the Silent Alarm remix album) for some good tunes also.

SuperKat

Monkey
Jul 3, 2005
New York
You don't like the Kitty w/ Fangs? OK, I'll find something else.
Joker, it's a great show. It was standing GA so we got right up to the front. I've never been close like that at a concert. Awesome atmosphere.