Quantcast

Great customer service, Halo/Ison Distribution

amishmatt

Turbo Monkey
Sep 21, 2005
Lancaster, PA
Just wanted to thank Halo and Ison Distribution for the great support.

I purchased a 12mm axle conversion for my Halo Supa Drive hub, and when trying to remove the 10mm axle, damaged it pretty badly, and wasn't able to get it out of the hub shell to complete the swap. There's hardly any info on these hubs available on the interwebs, so I contacted Halo via their website form, and follow up came from Maz at Ison, the UK distrubutor.

Maz asked for a few pictures of the hub, from which he dertermined that I had a first generation hub. Apparently there had been a running change to all the Supa Drive hubs, and now they're made with a three pawl freehub instead of the two pawl version on mine, use a tube spacer between the bearings and a new drive side bearing cap. Maz dropped all of those items in the mail, free of charge, and wrote detailed instructions for removing the 10mm axle and installing the 12mm conversion.

Within a week I had my parts, and yesterday I did the install and get it mounted up for a ride (using an Azonic 12mm-10mm step down axle on my Sant Cruz Nickel).

The hub had been trouble free for three years until my hamfisted wrenching, so I'm expecting it to remain solid after the fix.

Anybody who's looking for an affordable hub with great engagement and great warranty/support, check out the Halo Supa Drive.