Quantcast

Great Divide Race Report

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
Ill be there one day, but I need to train for a year. I read the whole thing. Great write up.

I bet I saw you when you rode through Kalispell. I was sitting outside and a group of 5 riders from the race went right past my house.

BrickTop

Chimp
Oct 29, 2002
Durango, CO
I haven't made it all the way through yet Matt - but I'll get there!
Thanks, Heidi.

Heidi was a huge influence for me for this race. I respect her opinion on racing a lot. She gave me some simple advice last year: "Train like it's the Olympics." I had to remember that more than once last year when I was getting burned out on training.

Thanks, L2B.... :)

splat

Nam I am
Bricktop

I loved your report , Kevin Montgomery is a friend of ine , so I was albe to talk to him about this after he got back. ( just before he moved to San Fransico ) I know how strong he is , and for this race to beat him 2 years in a row says something about how tough it is .

I just find it hard to comprehend doing it on a single speed!

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
Great pics and report! I really would like to do that ride (probably not the race, though...sounds a bit too intense for me). I really like riding on dirt roads and being able to go all day but still feel the isolation of the woods, so I think it'd suit me. Thanks again.

frznnomad

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
a-town biatches
ill stick to my gravity assisted racing, but non the less man excellent pics and what i read of the right up it was excellent. ohh and congrats on finishing that is an accomplishment unto itself.

frznnomad

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
a-town biatches
yeh i admit i got lazy and didnt read it. i just figured i would give him the benifit of the doubt and well a little bit of a fantasy. congrates non the less man cause that is more than i would have ever wanted to do.