Quantcast

great news

Konabumm

Konaboner
Jun 13, 2003
Hollywood, Maryland, United States
this weekend I was on a training ride with some of our local velo club members. One of our riders was hit by a car while he was crossing the street.

the car was going about 40 (we guess) slammed on the brakes and hit him. He was able to get up and walk away without a scratch....

Here is the kicker...... He's 70 years old!

Bike was screwed but he is fine......... Glad this was a happy ending!

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
MancilG said:
this weekend I was on a training ride with some of our local velo club members. One of our riders was hit by a car while he was crossing the street.

the car was going about 40 (we guess) slammed on the brakes and hit him. He was able to get up and walk away without a scratch....

Bike was screwed but he is fine......... !
Its amazing what the human body can survive.

MancilG said:
Glad this was a happy ending.
Sorry I just can't help myself......... I suspect this was more dangerous than the bike wreck.

J

JRB

The bike would have been ok in a happy ending, but I'm really glad the guy got up and walked away, none the less. Glad it wasn't you too, Mancil. :thumb:

berkshire_rider

Growler
Feb 5, 2003
The Blackstone Valley
MancilG said:

Bike was screwed but he is fine......... Glad this was a happy ending!
Legal street crossing when hit by the car? Did they get insurance info to file a claim for the bike? :confused:

J

JRB

MancilG said:
Hey thanks loco; that must be the nicest thing you have ever said to me
Yeah - just because I pick on you, I still want you around here. Not to mention, since you are super duper roadie man, I don't want to get dropped if we ever get a ride in. :D

macko

Turbo Monkey
Jul 12, 2002
THE Palouse
If I'm ever in a crosswalk, am hit by a car, and am able to get back up and walk away ... I ain't walking away. Not until after I break the drivers' nose.

Konabumm

Konaboner
Jun 13, 2003
Hollywood, Maryland, United States
well, it wasn't really the best place to cross. It was a blind hill. The poor girl that hit him was freaking out. She didn't do anything wrong he just picked a bad place to cross.

As much as I hate to say it, it was more his fault then hers