Quantcast

Great package deal at the Shoe....Snowshoe that is!

tvanderkamp

Chimp
Jul 19, 2008
I'm heading up to Snowshoe August 23-24th. I called to get the scoop on reservations and they are running a sweet deal right now:

$89/day

You get:

Hotel: in the village on top of the mountain

Bike rental: Kona Stinky or Cross Country (does not apply to the Stab)

Lift Tickets

Bike locker rental

These things normally cost:

Hotel: $129/day

Bike: Kona Stinky $65/day

Lift Tickets: $33/day

Locker: $10/day.............I think.......not 100% on that one

So if you have never done the Shoe, this is as cheap as i've ever seen for a deal. I suppose they are just trying to fill up thier late summer lifts.

Also, they said that they Western Territory (Slope side) chair lift is absolutely running every Sat and Sun so you don't have to ride the magic bus (thank god).

And, good news, the bike shop now accepts reservations on bikes. Last year it was first come first serve on the rental bikes so you had to get up at the crack of dawn to be first in line.

That's all I got! Bonzai!!!!!!!!!!!!

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Note to Noo-b:

When providing RM'ers with cool info on deals, etc always make your post as lazy trained as possible by posting the link to the deal in your post. Otherwise, post #2 will be as follows...

LINK????

tvanderkamp

Chimp
Jul 19, 2008
thanks Butch,

It's hell being new!

Unfortunatley there is no website link to this deal. I stumbled into it on accident while talking to reservations. However, the number is:

1-877-441-4386 for reservations at Snowshoe.

I don't think they have this deal posted on thier website. If they do, it's in a horrible location.

But, I will remember the link in the future!

Basher

Monkey
May 8, 2007
Hicktown, NC
What up TV. Just my opinion....I think it's crazy to go to Snowshoe, or any bike park for that matter, and rent a bike. But snowshoe especially since it’s only a 6 hour drive. You'll have soooo much more fun on your own bike. Trust me I’ve been there. And while your up there you gotta hit Hairball, talk about TechGnar.

tvanderkamp

Chimp
Jul 19, 2008
I've been to Snowshoe. And I have been back and forth about taking my bike. I think the only beef that I have is having to leave my bike outside all night in one of the lockers. That freaks me out a little. And last time I was there they were really strict about not having your bike in the hotel.

I rented last time. And you are right. I ride my bike a lot better than someone elses. I might still take mine. I've got a much heavier wheel set and a howitzer crank I could swap out instead of using my Stylo. But man, if someone gets into the locker, which they easily could if they felt like it, i'm out a pile of cash.

That is my only deal about renting. They will let you leave thier bikes in the bike shop over night and pick them up again in the morning.

But thanks for the input!

tvanderkamp

Chimp
Jul 19, 2008
After riding with you guys and finding some great tech stuff out there, I might buy another bike after the first of the year. I had considered buying an 888 fork for my SX trail, but the fork costs $1000. I've seen a bunch of used Big Hit's with the fork on there for about $1200 on E-bay. So I might pick up a bigger downhill bike in the next six months and then really lighten up my SX trail for more All-mountain/Cross country stuff. I need an excuse to buy another bike anyway. Then next year I would have more of a downhill bike for doing snowshoe and some of those other rides. Next year i'm going to do Diablo, Killington, Snowshoe, and then go to Moab in the fall. Work is picking up the tab for most of the travel and i've got customers within an hour of each of these places. In fact, in the future I only plan on selling to clients who have shops next to mountain bike parks!

Either way, i'd like to have a bigger bike for the bike park stuff and riding out by Wilsons. Good stuff!
What up TV. Just my opinion....I think it's crazy to go to Snowshoe, or any bike park for that matter, and rent a bike. But snowshoe especially since it’s only a 6 hour drive. You'll have soooo much more fun on your own bike. Trust me I’ve been there. And while your up there you gotta hit Hairball, talk about TechGnar.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
DO like I've always done, rent a room in the Rimfire lodge. Underground parking deck. I bolt my bike to my vehicle & it's never been an issue. Plus, if the weather poos on you, you've got the best workstand in the village.:thumb:

tvanderkamp

Chimp
Jul 19, 2008
That might work. The deal actually includes a room at the Rimfire lodge. How fortunate! I agree with Basher. I'd do a lot better on my own bike. And if I break something and have to pay to replace it, at least i've got a new part on my own bike and not on thier bike!
DO like I've always done, rent a room in the Rimfire lodge. Underground parking deck. I bolt my bike to my vehicle & it's never been an issue. Plus, if the weather poos on you, you've got the best workstand in the village.:thumb:

drkenan

anti-dentite
Oct 1, 2006
west asheville
I've left my bike chained to a tree all night multiple times up there. And it was also during race weekends. Granted, most of the time I was camping within 50ft but there were those times when I was away. Just use common sense and I wouldn't worry too much about it. Way better than renting.