Quantcast

Great Ride!!!!

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
We aint wussin' out of ****, just planning it for a more appropriate weekend, weather wise. Are any of you planning on still going? We are definatley gonna go in Feb.

And wilsons is on!!! Sat. 10am @ the dirtmounds, be there, or beeeeeeeeee, doin whatever the **** it is that you be doin, besides ridin' :disgust1: The weather looks good, should be mid 40's, and no sighn of rain.
What happened to the whole 9am thing?:twitch:

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Probably just cause we're not hitting raspberry. And if you change your mind its still 9 am for you Cecil. That way we know you'll be there by 10. :brows:
If everyone else is going, that leaves me with no one to ride with. I may have to show up now. Damn you guys!!!!! 10am is no problem. I just have to see if the wife is ok with me being gone all day again.

JohnBoy

Monkey
Jan 15, 2007
If everyone else is going, that leaves me with no one to ride with. I may have to show up now. Damn you guys!!!!! 10am is no problem. I just have to see if the wife is ok with me being gone all day again.]
Hmmmmmmmm, I thought it was your decision? :busted:

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Hmmmmmmmm, I thought it was your decision? :busted:
It is more of my decision, but I do run everything by my wife. That is what marriage is about man!!!! For all I know she may have a dinner planned with friends for us to go to. Plus I do want to go ride other trails, but if all my riding partners are going to Wilsons then I guess I will have to too. :cheers:

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
It doesnt do any good for you to ride WITH us any ways since you are so fast you may as well ride by yourself.

hahaha
Too funny.:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: I am old and slow!!!!!! The way I look at it is if a get hurt out in front of you guys the chance of one of you actually stopping to help me out is like 1 out of 15.:nerd: Better odds than not riding with anyone at all.

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
The way I look at it is if I have a mechanical out in front of you guys the chance of one of you actually stopping to help me out is like 1 out of 15.:nerd: Better then having to carry my own tools or having to skip 1 run while I fix my bike.

There I fixed it. :shocked:

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Wilson's is a lot closer for those of us in Charlotte

Oh geez this is gonna fire up you know who but...

Id love a big shuttle ride say on Heartbreak Ridge to Kitzuma (still a good climb even with the shuttle) or that Mt Mitchell ride that is on the map.

Other good rides that can be combined with legal shuttle opportunities..
Caney Bottoms/Cove Creek
Butter to Cat Gap to Fish Hatchery (seasonal trails are in season now arent they?) I am not sure of that order..
I've got my eye on you!:pirate2:

Oct 9, 2006
So does Joey know the work weekend is off? If nobody else is going then I am not gonna drive over there by myself and twiddle my thumbs. So if the answer to that question is yes then I will be at Wilsons on saturday.

Oh and Kenan I would like 8 godzeeera rolls delivered to the bottom of headly at 1:15 saturday...preferably from Wasabi....but if they cant supply then I would like 8Cholesta Rolls from Miyabi in Greenville.

JohnBoy

Monkey
Jan 15, 2007
Oh yeah, thats right. Im surprised Cecil isnt going??? He's one of you RACERBOYS:biggrin: I dont race, that didnt even cross my mind.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Oh yeah, thats right. Im surprised Cecil isnt going??? I dont race, that didnt even cross my mind.
Dude...it's NOT a race. There are maybe 3 guys who take that thing seriously. Herndon has even been seen to tip back a brew afterwards. It's a straight up party.

All the DH guys pay the $30.00 discounted fee for the DH and XC combo and we all line up for a lap of the XC. The DHers just goof off and do a courtesy lap..lots of pushing...chatting, quitting....the DH in the very back of the XC course is up on a FANTASTIC ridgeline and is the best descent there.
Free beer afterwards.

The next day for all those interested, I'm gonna do a single shuttle run of Wayehutta if the weather holds out. It will blow your mind.

At Wayehutta (right off the main road on the way back through Sylva), it's just crazy fun. Ask the ETSU guys and frznnomad...you spend 30-40% of the time in the air. Water bar every 50 feet for what seems like forever and berm after bverm after berm.... There is no other ride like it.

Oct 9, 2006
Should be pretty tough for you to get up to Snowshoe and back in the same day Cecil. I guess not having kids has its perks too. Wait then again being single has its perks too.

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
shuttle run of Wayehutta if the weather holds out. It will blow your mind.
Now Jeff and John, this is what I have been talking about. There are way to many fun A$$ places to go ride other than hitting Wilson's up every weekend. Once again, no nock on Wilson's!!!! We need to hit this up in the up and coming weekends with him. Its been a long time sense I rode it, but it was super fun!!!!!!

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Should be pretty tough for you to get up to Snowshoe and back in the same day Cecil. I guess not having kids has its perks too. Wait then again being single has its perks too.
Did I say anything about going to Snowshoe this weekend or in the next few weekends?:disgust1: I have 4 trips already planned to go there this year. I think the wife and son will be going to 2 of them with me.

Other trips this summer for riding and racing:
NJ Diablo 2nd or 3rd race, not the US Open, Jonny N. is getting married that weekend.
VA Massanutten
NC Sugar National
NC Wolf Race
May go tto the WHisp race in MD

Thats like 7 races, plus the Super Ds early this year makes like 12 races. Thats enough for me.

MTB_Rob_NC

Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
:rant: Yah, and we don't drive an extra 30mins plus each way every time we dirve up to Wilson's from Greenville? What is you point?

30 minutes would be managable. 90 makes it difficult. It takes 90 minutes to 1:45 to make the drive to Wilson's. All in, I can leave my house around 7:15 get in a bunch of quality riding and still be home around 5:30-6. Not a bad day (actually it makes for an EXCELLENT day!).

Adding 3 hours to the equation makes it more difficult.

Understand now? Or shall I explain it slower for you?

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
30 minutes would be managable. 90 makes it difficult. It takes 90 minutes to 1:45 to make the drive to Wilson's. All in, I can leave my house around 7:15 get in a bunch of quality riding and still be home around 5:30-6. Not a bad day (actually it makes for an EXCELLENT day!).

Adding 3 hours to the equation makes it more difficult.

Understand now? Or shall I explain it slower for you?
Well make it more like 45mins then each way. We left my house at 7am last weekend and got there at 9:40. Now that we have been up there 3 to 4 weeks to your one in Ashville. The math shows we have spent more time in the car than you. I guess its time you drive over our way again to make the time up. Its only fair!!!!!:imstupid:

Plus Dave is 25 mins from me. He has one up on everyone.....

JeffKill

Monkey
Jun 21, 2006
Charlotte, NC
If the trail is that good, Im all for checking it out. Wont be this sunday though. If I was gonna drive that far, I'd still be going out to TN. We'll go hit it up sometime soon here though.

MTB_Rob_NC

Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
Well make it more like 45mins then each way. We left my house at 7am last weekend and got there at 9:40. Now that we have been up there 3 to 4 weeks to your one in Ashville. The math shows we have spent more time in the car than you. I guess its time you drive over our way again to make the time up. Its only fair!!!!!:imstupid:

I am just speaking for myself. West of Asheville is a difficult day trip for me.

JohnBoy

Monkey
Jan 15, 2007
Yeah it would be a 3 hour drive for us. And during the summer time, we come out to that area (Asheville), more often. During the winter though, the parkway is usually closed, or other roads we need to access. We have driven out there before and ended up riding nothing cause of the damn roads being closed!!!

JeffKill

Monkey
Jun 21, 2006
Charlotte, NC
We did one climb in and descent that day, then loaded up and hit it as a shuttle. The shuttle is a long, long drive up on a pretty smooth gravel road. But personally I think climbing in 1 time is the easiest way to do it.
If that is the case, I dont think I'd drive over 3 hours for it. And in the spring and summer, I would rather drive another hour and ride windrock.

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Yeah it would be a 3 hour drive for us. And during the summer time, we come out to that area (Asheville), more often. During the winter though, the parkway is usually closed, or other roads we need to access. We have driven out there before and ended up riding nothing cause of the damn roads being closed!!!
I understand. Wilson's is one of the most perfect places to ride for shuttling, but it’s almost 3 hours for us. I just wish it was closer!!!!

You know I have nothing but Love for the place.....

drkenan

anti-dentite
Oct 1, 2006
west asheville
I've been to Wilson's just about every weekend for the past 3 months. It's really not that much further from Asheville than driving out into the far reaches of Pisgah. Plus you get to ride with Mom and Pop Kill!!! What's not to like?

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
If that is the case, I dont think I'd drive over 3 hours for it. And in the spring and summer, I would rather drive another hour and ride windrock.
Hey Jeff,
You know the jumps that are on Greenstown, that trail he is talking about is like that except it goes on for miles and miles. Its killer, but its more suited to small bikes. I would not want to climb your bike that far to get to it. In other words, there is no way in hell I would take my Demo on that ride.

JeffKill

Monkey
Jun 21, 2006
Charlotte, NC
Hey Jeff,
You know the jumps that are on Greenstown, that trail he is talking about is like that except it goes on for miles and miles. Its killer, but its more suited to small bikes. I would not want to climb your bike that far to get to it. In other words, there is no way in hell I would take my Demo on that ride.
Thanx for the heads up. I need more $$ to build a more trail friendly bike. Im always open for donations, so feel free.....