Quantcast

Great rides in Fruita CO!

CBBFruita

Chimp
Aug 5, 2015
Just wanted to share some info here in case anyone is passing through Fruita, CO. There is some great riding here! And it's not as overcrowded as some places near us. We giveour 4-wheelers and moto riders their own trails. :) 18 Road and Kokopelli are the most well-known here - Joe's Ridge, PBR, Horsethief...many more... We have maps with trail descriptions at the shop, Colorado Backcountry Biker, or just contact us (phone, facebook or email) and we'll tell you what you need to know. We also support multi-day hut trips if you really want some adventure but don't want to jump right into full-blown bikepacking.

Let me know if you have any Fruita biking questions. We also have 2 of the best mechanics in the area who can answer your questions. We do a shop ride up at 18 Road every Tuesday night at 6pm , May - October. Everyone is welcome to join! Food and beverages included :)
18RdSunset.jpg

CBBFruita

Chimp
Aug 5, 2015
We are not trying to spam, but thanks for sharing your thoughts. It never crossed my mind that anyone would be put off by our membership on this forum. We get a lot of people in here that have never heard of 18 Road or Sarlacc or who don't know The Monument is an awesome ride for roadies. Our goal for being part of this forum is to be available to answer questions and to offer area knowledge to anyone who needs it. Collectively we can do a better job of that than just one of us can. The fact that bikes are our lives should give our posts more credibility because we know what we are talking about.

CBBFruita

Chimp
Aug 5, 2015
I rode Fruita at the start of the Kokopelli ride. Coming back for a few days is on my bucket list.
Awesome! Love that ride! Bikerpelli does a great support for the Kokopelli route. I did it in 2004 with some friends then moved out here in 2005. I am planning on doing it again in October but this time self-supported and with a dog (which I will probably have to carry some of the time). I am sure to learn lots on this trip! Like...I need a lighter dog. :)

Feb 20, 2008
I have been to Fruita 9 times since 2010 - what is the appeal? (Sarcastically speaking). I love Fruita super super love!