Quantcast

Great way to get rid of anoying ads!!

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
Don't know about you, but I often end up with those ANOYING little programs on my computer like "Gator" or the "Bonsai Ape"... just to name a few. Or how about those ads that just seem to pop up over and over and over... so many times that the more you try to close them, the more windows you end up with on your screen. DAMN those suck.
Well, anyway... I was reading TIME Mag. the other day and there is a way to get rid of those anoying ad programs and little spy programs (like Double-click) You probably ahve a bunch on your computer right now and don't even know it.

Here is how to get rid of them..
Go to www.lavasoftusa.com and download their free "Ad-ware" software. Install it, run it, and it will scan your computer for a whole host of program types that virus scans don't get (because, technicly, I guess they aren't virus's) I had 20 on my computer the first time I ran it. And I don't even use this one for Gnutella/Napster type downloads.
Hope it helps you, like it helped me!!

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Cool thanx alot, my hard drive was hangin up and makin a weird clickin noise for a little while whenever i opened up my net. I used this thing and sure enough when i ran the scan it started clickin on this 7 file program that i picked up from the net and was immune to my standard disc cleaner. So ad ware fixed that little prob.