Quantcast

great winter riding at sst

radjockette

Monkey
Jun 26, 2004
PNW woods
Was a beautiful day at sst late this morning. Hard surface conditions were fast and fun. Just a few of us out enjoying some winter riding. Everything is in great condition. Was great to feel the crisp cool air on my face as I sailed through the air :dancing: Get out there and enjoy. Should be fun if the snow flies our way too.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
yah the one misconception is that permafrost is slick, but it's quite the opposite. The trails are tacky as can be and speed is your friend. Where once something was a little muddy and poopy, now it's solid and packed, better than summer, well the dirt part anyways.

iridebikes

Monkey
Jan 31, 2004
seattle
where's another place to ride other that sst? I like it and all, but I'm getting a little bored of it. Its not as challenging as it once was. The only thing that I haven't done yet is the 16' trail gap. and I'll probably end up doing that next time I'm down there and the conditions are good. Are there any other places like that around here? I heard st. ed's was crushed. i didn't even have a chance to do the big stuff down there. I guess I'll have to go back up to 27... I hope i don't bust my wrist again...

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
iridebikes said:
where's another place to ride other that sst? I like it and all, but I'm getting a little bored of it. Its not as challenging as it once was. The only thing that I haven't done yet is the 16' trail gap. and I'll probably end up doing that next time I'm down there and the conditions are good. Are there any other places like that around here? I heard st. ed's was crushed. i didn't even have a chance to do the big stuff down there. I guess I'll have to go back up to 27... I hope i don't bust my wrist again...
This time of the year it's up to Mother Nature. The Exits are the nearest places that I can conjure...not even sure how rideable they are around now. If you have a way up there, Fromme & Seymour can be fun in the snow from what I've heard.
I've been wondering alot lately if there's other local spots to ride, but haven't really heard much going on.:(

Like I tell Frank (Corporate Failure) - work on the tricks!;) Once I tire of the lines down there, that's what I plan on doing.

Oh yeah, since I'm not exhausted of SST as of yet, I'll be down there tomorrow.:monkey:

iridebikes

Monkey
Jan 31, 2004
seattle
haha, good point. i do need to work on tricks. I can throw a one hander on the step down gap. and I have been able to do a nak nak on a table top elsewhere. So i guess I just need to learn some new stuf. btw. anyone interested in a month old bullit frame with dhx? or a '02 super t? or an '04 z150? or magura louise freerides? I have some stuf i'm getting rid of. the bullit just isn't working out like I had hoped. so i'm going to sell it. let me know if you are. untill then, I'll ride it.
have fun down at sst. I heard it was supposed to snow... could be wrong though

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
National Weather Service seems to be changing their forecast every 2-3 hours today. Each time I check back, it's totally different from the last time I checked.
Too bad those brakes aren't gustav's(sp)...I'd be mighty tempted if that were so.:sneaky: