Quantcast

Greatest abomination of a bike

r464

Turbo Monkey
Oct 17, 2006
Earth
What is the worst you have seen? I know that there have been some incredibly awful posts straight out of the Walmart online catalog, but I came across this one today:

Mega-oversize dual suspension frame, WITH TWIN SPRING DAMPING, Front disc brake, Alloy rear V-brake, Shimano 18 speed grip shift gears, 26” twin wall alloy rims, Jaw-bone rear swing arm, Triple clamp suspension forks, A head style handlebar stem, Crud guards, Frame size 18” Finished in Matt Black / Charcoal

Arkayne

I come bearing GIFs
May 10, 2005
SoCal
"Mega-oversize dual suspension frame, WITH TWIN SPRING DAMPING, Front disc brake, Alloy rear V-brake, Shimano 18 speed grip shift gears, 26” twin wall alloy rims, Jaw-bone rear swing arm, Triple clamp suspension forks, A head style handlebar stem, Crud guards, Frame size 18” Finished in Matt Black / Charcoal"

Crud guards. I love it!

r464

Turbo Monkey
Oct 17, 2006
Earth
Looks as though they could fit a third shock on that frame...

And don't forget that cool "Super Bike" sticker.

r464

Turbo Monkey
Oct 17, 2006
Earth
So who wants to email the manufacturer and ask what size Cane Creek DB shock you would need on that frame?

:)

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
So who wants to email the manufacturer and ask what size Cane Creek DB shock you would need on that frame?

:)
Done.
Hi,
I'm looking to buy a Max Power, but I'd like to replace the rear shox with Cane Creek Double Barrels. What size shox should I order? Also, what size mounting hardware do I need?

Thanks

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
I like that their contact is tony at tigercycles dot com.

Tiger Cycles- They're grrreeaaaaattttt.

kuksul08

Monkey
Jun 4, 2007
I like that their contact is tony at tigercycles dot com.

Tiger Cycles- They're grrreeaaaaattttt.
:clapping: Best post...

Seriously though, why do companies like this exist and waste the earth's resources on POS bikes like that?

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR

And my personal favorite:

<edit> Don't get me wrong, there are some sweet rides in the Burly HT thread, but some of them were just plain ridiculous.

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
Seriously though, why do companies like this exist and waste the earth's resources on POS bikes like that?
there are people in the USA that live on a fixed income or earn very little money. for them a bike that costs $250 is an unthinkable waste. they may not want or need the janky suspension, but that is the only kind of bike you can get these days for $89.99.

consider yourself lucky not to have to ride a train wreck like that.