Quantcast

Greeeeeen leaf thinkers

WARider

Monkey
May 21, 2003
This is way off topic and I hope this is ok to talk about here...
I know some will be disturbed because the media has their brain molded to what the government dictates what is right and wrong but I know there's a bunch of riders out there who probably could chime in on their own thoughts and experience's.

So it's been 7 years since HS (A tour in the military + 2 years of schooling) and I've been fairly smoke free for the most part. I used to spark the bud to enhance my creativity and thinking when I was in high school but had to quit when I joined the military.

I really enjoyed alot of the aspects of smokin' such as, fun times, creativity juice's flow easily, it creates a play ground that I want to get on my bike and ride in a whole new way, and it's relaxing which takes the edge off of the everyday stress. However, I also enjoy being clear headed, quick on my feet, and goal oriented with achievements that are being accomplished that I didn't do the last time I engaged in smokin' daily. I noticed that some people drop smokin marijuana and some continue on with it. I'm just curious as to how it affects you in your life and where you stand with it? I broke my 6 year(kinda) smoke free streak last weekend and really enjoyed what I used to like about it. However I'm feeling pretty daised still and it's been two days already. I wish I could alter my thought process the way smoking does on my own so that I could live the best of both worlds. It's really nice to be clear headed and charging through life but I also like stylin' sh!t out, smelling the flowers and seeing things in a more artistic view.

Ok, enough of my thoughts, lets hear your's!

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
I've found that inspiring myself in other ways is far more beneficial and productive, and though clouding my mind with chemicals may have seemed like fun at one time, these days it just seems like the wrong thing to do, especially when I look back and see my bros who never slowed down and what they're doing these days. I dont want this to get into a legal thing again, because that's the way these threads always go, but I'll just say for me, I dont want any part of it.

WARider

Monkey
May 21, 2003
Actually your response is perfect. I don't think this should be a legal issue thread, I'm just looking for personal opinions just as you have responded. I too enjoy my life without it and I haven't started back up, I just got a lil taste of what it was like and was curious as to why others continue to do it or discontinue. I myself enjoy life as it is, but I tend to get uptight and angry where as smokin' made me relax a bit more.

I guess everything in moderation...

SebringMGB

Monkey
Feb 6, 2004
Washington
After highschool when I moved out, went to school for Industrial design. LOTS of peole smoked, and I did for about 2 years, regularly. and accomplished nothing but status quo. Anyway long story short, I just lost interest one day, and as soon as I did, I started moving up rapidly at the place I work. Not to mention , I feel WAY better on a day to day basis. if I smoke now, it takes me a few days to feel totally right again. So not to say I am against it, and wouldnt do it, its more of a few times a year thing.

WARider

Monkey
May 21, 2003
Originally posted by SebringMGB
After highschool when I moved out, went to school for Industrial design. LOTS of peole smoked, and I did for about 2 years, regularly. and accomplished nothing but status quo. Anyway long story short, I just lost interest one day, and as soon as I did, I started moving up rapidly at the place I work. Not to mention , I feel WAY better on a day to day basis. if I smoke now, it takes me a few days to feel totally right again. So not to say I am against it, and wouldnt do it, its more of a few times a year thing.
Yeah, as I stated above, I broke the long smoke free streak I had going last weekend when I was at a friends house. I've got to say that it was fun as some crazy stuff happened like a big ole white wolf came charging around a corner while I was sessioning my truck bed on my bike. I was actually making a race course after I smoked, lol, it started with dropping my truck bed to driveway, then across a few neighbors lawns to the end of the street to snatch a road cone and back. The guy with the best time won, lol. Then as I'm loading up my bike to head in for the evening a neighbors half husky half wolf dog comes trucking around the corner towards me out of no where...I swear the thing stood as high as my chest, scared the living crap out of me as I thought it was a real wolf just roaming the streets.(We were closed to the mtns).

But for the past few days I've been in a half cocked daze which really sucks!

Roasted

Turbo Monkey
Jul 4, 2002
Whistler, BC
I smoked solid for 5 years (3,4 sometimes more per day). I started my teenage life late at the age of 22 and went nuts for a number of years.

I still smoke periodically but realized (at a point about 2 years ago when I moved to BC ironically(cd bud is just too strong;))) it was affecting day to day things. Beyond the job it left me tired and took away from my sports. It never really affected my work, I suppose thats because I couldn't let myself be slowed down. I would just suck it up and be restarted after work. Thats what has gotten me to cut back. I will never quit. I do enjoy it and will always prefer smoking a J with some friends at a party over getting drunk, but I will never again be a chronic.

And expense has nothing to do with it. For me weed has always been free. I havent paid for weed in 4 years, so for me weed is way cheaper then anything else.

On an extra note. I am pretty chronic when it comes to a loss of sleep (insomniac all through highschool which sometimes affects me to this day), which is actually how I use weed more than to get my creative juices flowing (I have none)...I still use it for this purpose and probably will continue to for the rest of my life. I feel far less dazed or 'dumb' after smoking some 'good' weed than taking a sleeping pill.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Any chemical used to alter a perception in a good way is what it is....
But how many times do you have to go back for reminders?
When does the perception become redundant from the negative effects of the chemical, for with the good inevitably comes the bad.
There is beauty in many things, just because you were able to be illuminated in an "ooooh purdy George, can i pet da rabbit?" kinda way doesn't necessarily enlighten you to the point where you graduate to the calming effects of recognizing the simplicity within the complexity of things on your own. i wouldn't give a drug the credit of providing what's already possessed, like the ability to be more artistic, but i feel that drugs do eventually corrode.

A chemical used to modify mood or emotion is fine and dandy especially if you are an asshole.
But realistically if one only is less moody when high aren't we then creating a super asshole when they're not holding?
Emotions need work, just like we exercise a muscle, we learn and identify and then hence control emotions.
Stressor reliever, well sure, everyone has their vices. Just look honestly if they really give back in a positive or negative way and don't b.s. yourself, then do what you do. That's the reason i don't smoke is because i honestly evaluate not only the high but everything that comes with it, and in my ascertation find it's not my bag hehe.

Alcohol and Nicotine are drugs.

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
I would recommend against toking simply for legal reasons, as no buzz is worth the heavy-handed punishments our government can level upon you if busted. Sadly, if you spin the wheel enough times, eventually your number will come up and you'll get busted.

Now, I'll move on to non-legal-related reasons to avoid toking:

*It is unhealthy to inhale carcinogens, even if done moderately
*You will be unfairly stereotyped by non-tokers and any such illicit behavior constricts your positive social circles and dating options
*Addictive personality types may become socially dependent upon weed and weed culture
*Illegal drug usage does not set a good example for youth
*Monthly food and beverage expenditures tend to be higher
*You have to sneak around all the time to procure it
*If you drive while high, you run the risk of falling asleep at the wheel
*Good herb is more expensive per ounce than gold and ditchweed just isn't worth the hassle; put the money in a 401K instead
*Weed use is more closely associated with sloth than achievement
*Protracted or heavy cannabis use negatively affects short term memory

Now, that being said, I have personally toked for almost 20 years and more than half that time, on a daily basis. I don't very often anymore, though, and only when someone else is passing it around. I still love weed and think it is a better and more healthy option than alcohol consumption, but the bottom line is that it is detrimental to one's develpment and well-being. I have met a lot of friends, made a lot of memories, and seen a lot of the world pursuing the perfect ganja buzz and have no regrets about any of it. Still, I would never recommend anyone else do something that has the potential to harm their existence. If you toke, do so in moderation and as a compliment to- not replacement of- other interests and activities. Be safe, be discrete and always bear in mind that NO KB high on earth is potent enough to make a trip to the pokey amusing.

:evil:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Originally posted by llkoolkeg
<snip> think it is a better and more healthy option than alcohol consumption
Based on a lot of preliminary scientific reports, it appears that moderate alcohol consumption may actually be *good* for you. Especially if it's red wine. :drool:

Maybe it's the same for cannabis, but I haven't heard anything about the positive health benefits of it. Might be because it's illicit. :D

-S.S.-