Quantcast

Green Mountain Sunday 6

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
It's that time of year again. i'm thinking "new" Gold Creek parking lot at 9 o'clock. Figure go up for a loop, then the hard cores can stick around for a side loop at the soon to be deceased tin mine trail.

Everyone's invited, curious how it is? Think Tiger Mt. in amount of length, climbing and technical difficulty.

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
I'll say im also 90% in. Doc said my knee needs to do its own thing, but he didnt say I shouldnt bike, but that I just shoudlnt kneel on it... I really want to ride tin mine too before its only a memory....

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
TtotheJ said:
How far is Green Mountain from Bellingham?
it's northwest of Bremerton, if it's a clear day you can see Seattle from the Vista from across the Puget Sound. Pretty cool, but i'm not sure if it's cool enough to warrant that much travel. If you can find some B-ham people to chip in on gas i'd say go for it though, the trails will be of your liking especially if the weather isn't totally bogus. Alot of puddles but the soil is really solid for the most part so not much mud at all.

Is there a ferry that goes across from Whidbey? Might be the way to go if your goin, or steal a boat and we'll pick you up next to Chico Way.:)

PsychO!1 said:
Ok....so now I know where NOT to look.
Any idea where i could find the new lot?
It's about a quarter mile south of the old parking lot. All brand new with an outhouse and everything you can't miss it.

i hope you can make it, it'll be good to share the trail with a psycho yet again!

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Skookum said:
It's about a quarter mile south of the old parking lot. All brand new with an outhouse and everything you can't miss it.

i hope you can make it, it'll be good to share the trail with a psycho yet again!
Ya, that out house was nice:confused: and there was a place to mount your pony:eek:

Pullshocks

Chimp
Mar 2, 2005
Never been to Green Mountain, how does it hold up to heavy rain like we have been having and is forcast to continue all week?

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
dude that was one hell of a fun ride...... bombing down tin mine was so good, that trail is gnarl when you're tired!

Ride the pig!:oink:

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
Skookum said:
dude that was one hell of a fun ride...... bombing down tin mine was so good, that trail is gnarl when you're tired!

Ride the pig!:oink:
Thanks again for the 16 or so miles of fun. Day was great with sunny skies, great trail conditions, new routes, blah blah blah...

Hope some of what we found today will be there a while.