Quantcast

greenhorn pics?

dkis

Chimp
Feb 9, 2007
Southington, CT
does anyone have any greenhorn pics...i keep seeing all this talk about it and im wondering what its like. ill be there tomarrow so im definately gonna check it out

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
You don't need to concern yourself with greenhorn. Basically a wagon road/pump track. Good to go down first to stretch out, that's about it.
I disagree. It's nice to ride a really fast, flowy, non-technical trail once in a while. Very nice break from the usual bone-jarring rocky trails there.

NJHCx4xLIFE

Monkey
Jan 23, 2007
Central Jersey
I disagree. It's nice to ride a really fast, flowy, non-technical trail once in a while. Very nice break from the usual bone-jarring rocky trails there.
I agree.

Greenhorn to the new Deviant trail could be a nice easy run to have fun on.

My favorite trail in whistler was crank it up... easy, stress free, fast and just overall fun. Sure the jumps aren't huge and there aren't any tech rock gardens but you can shut your brain off and just fly with minimal risks. Seems people are taking this mountain biking stuff way too seriously these days.

SquadraCorse

Monkey
Jul 25, 2007
Ridgefield CT
I agree.

Greenhorn to the new Deviant trail could be a nice easy run to have fun on.

My favorite trail in whistler was crank it up... easy, stress free, fast and just overall fun. Sure the jumps aren't huge and there aren't any tech rock gardens but you can shut your brain off and just fly with minimal risks. Seems people are taking this mountain biking stuff way too seriously these days.
I agree it's easy and flowy. It's also very flat. It does exactly what it's supposed to, is named appropriately, and it great for the mountain.

I usually hit it once when I'm there and kind of forget about it as I find it a bit boring. I wouldn't read all these posts about greenhorn and think it's something fantastic.

NJHCx4xLIFE

Monkey
Jan 23, 2007
Central Jersey
The flatness does kind of suck but it isn't meant to be crazy anyway. Good to get the legs loose and then forget it like you said. Not worth the price of a lift ticket to hit Greenhorn all day.

Huck Banzai

Turbo Monkey
May 8, 2005
Transitory
Greenhorn to the new intermediate trail (Deviant?) to the lil concave kicker on Salvation....

If clear is one hi speed flowicious sliding, pumping, jumping friggin jamboree!! (Brief 'choke' entering salvation preventing collisions, otherwise, Zooooooooooooom)

Has to be clear, no rudeness or running over nooBs!