Quantcast

Greenlake dirt jumps Work party and BBQ sunday april 13th

BeRad66

Chimp
Jan 6, 2008
Sea Town, Wash.
Spring is here!!!!
And a rippin' riding season is just around the corner!!!

So on sunday april 13 at 10am we are having a build party and BBQ
Olny a month of rain is left and we still have a lot of work to do.
What we have done so far is:
-rebuild the east coast line
-made 2 new transfers from the east coast line to the main line
-trucked in more dirt to mix with the old rocky dirt to make the jumps more durable and wider
-made more options for each line.

Heres whats left:
-Rebuild 3 jumps in the main line
-repair the table top line and add a couple of features to it
-rebuild the hip at the end
- sweep and repair holes in countless misc. spots

Last work party we had about 8 to 10 people show up. We ended up working for several hours and then had a riding session afterwards.
If we were to have about 20 people show up this time it would olny take a few hours to compleat the work that needs to get done and then RIDING TIME!!!!!
We have some shovels, rakes, picks,and a wheel barrow but if you could bring your own that would be great. having a second wheel barrow would be a big help too!!

There will be hot dogs and sodas with all the fixings for those who show up to work. If you have any questions give me a
call 206-799-5311
Thanks B-Rad

This is the post from last time:
Over the last several months a few dedicated riders have been spending countless hours giving the greenlake dirt jumps a facelift. The greenlake jumps have been around for close to 15 years now, but in the last few years they have been warn down and have become more and more difficult to ride. So now this is where u can help.
We want to rebuild greenlake to make it a good place to ride again. We have started with rebuilding the east coast line ( the far left line). Unlike the old greenlake the lips and landings are wide and consistant and have been rebuilt with real dirt. No More Crushed Brick!! We have one lip to finish before that line is rideable. So our next phaze is to start on the main line of doubles and the table tops. Because of the large amount of work your help would be much aprecated by all who ride and maintain the jumps.

B-Rad

sixgun_sound

Monkey
Sep 24, 2007
Yakima, WA
Sounds good, I'll be there.

What's going on with the tabletop line? Years ago, it was actually a good way to learn and progress, but now there are no proper lips or landings on anything. It could be cool.

Also, I was riding there yesterday and my buddy and I were looking at the two jumps at the end, in between the east coast and the main line, there could be some really fun transfers in there if those lips and landings were rebuilt too. Also, there used to be a fun little line in between the main line and the east coast right where the doubles start. This would be really easy to rebuild too.

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
I can't use a shovel or a wheel barrow because of my back but I'll be there in spirit. :ghost: