Quantcast

Greenville Cyclocross Series 2010

brado1

Monkey
Jan 2, 2008
G'Vegas SC
I know this is pretty much a DH forum, but the money being raised is going to a Pump Track/Flow/Skills Park in Travelers Rest.

pics from last nights

Every Wednesday Night in September (8th/15th/22nd/29th) @ Gateway Park behind Sunrift Adventures in Travelers Rest, SC

No Entry Fees ( but accepting $5 donations to the Gateway Bike Flow Park )

Mountain Bikes and Cyclocross Bikes Only!

Last edited:

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
Good deal Brad.
I might try to do them on my hardtail.
As far as the flow park, what is the money actually being raised for?
Just curious if it was for the actual moving of dirt or something else.

Mulestar

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2007
in the dirt
Good deal Brad.
I might try to do them on my hardtail.
As far as the flow park, what is the money actually being raised for?
Just curious if it was for the actual moving of dirt or something else.
I think parks and rec is requiring that a professional trailbuilding company be contracted for the construction so I think the money is for that.

brado1

Monkey
Jan 2, 2008
G'Vegas SC
Exactly what has happened... it's out of our club's control... Greenville Rec is driving the thing, and they have a particular Trailbuilder in mind for the project... Our goal as a club is help them get the first one done... then start doing pocket parks, along the Swamp Rabbit, and in the Mauldin / Conestee Area using local builders and club resources. we've had several builders that are interested.

brado1

Monkey
Jan 2, 2008
G'Vegas SC
The other problem we've had getting money from other shops in town is due to the location... why would any of the 10 local shops in town give money when the park is in the backyard of Sunrift Adventures? Hmmmm.... You'd think Sunrift would pony up, but they're getting ready to expand the bikeshop... so maybe after their expansion in a couple of months they'll throw us a bone or two

eccorp

Chimp
May 18, 2010
Salvation army complex next to the swamp rabbit downtown was supposed to be building one similar. Unfortunately it was 86'd due to the crowd of ruffians it would bring to downtown. Or maybe it was changed due to greenville high wanting a driving range for their golf team? Anyone know if this is still being planned. Money was already donated and if memory serves me correct plan was based off the S.A. Complex in San Diego.

waterdogs

Monkey
Jul 30, 2010
Upstate SC
Brad, Once I get 100% moved into the area and can get to generating some extra income, I was planning on donating some more $$$$ (FYI, I donated some about 2 weeks ago from your post on another forum). I am in the area now, and please let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

Thank you sir.

Jay

brado1

Monkey
Jan 2, 2008
G'Vegas SC
Brad, Once I get 100% moved into the area and can get to generating some extra income, I was planning on donating some more $$$$ (FYI, I donated some about 2 weeks ago from your post on another forum). I am in the area now, and please let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

Thank you sir.

Jay
thanks brotha!