Quantcast

Greenville's New Dirt Jumps

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
CP guy’s, I am sitting down with Greenville’s Park And Recreation guy’s next Monday about the new Dirt Jump area for Greenville. I need as much info you guys have on what you did to get you area, equipment, and dirt to build CP. It sounds like they already want to do it, but I want to have as much information as possible when we sit down to look at land if it is needed. I am shutting for 2 to 3 acres of land to build on. If we are lucky we will get some land with a nice hill on it so we can build a 4x course too. I know how to push for that. Other things I need are what legal things had to be done. I know you have a sign that’s says to Ride At You Own Risk and Wear A Helmet While In This Area. But, was there anything else I need to know?

Thanks for your help,
Cecil

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
Cecil. You might want to evaluate your use of the term "dirt jumps." Maybe "flow park," "skills area" bicycle playground something along those lines.

Make it sound better, especially to the less, or usually very skeptical "slightly informed" people.

Good luck!

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
MTB_Rob_NC said:
Cecil. You might want to evaluate your use of the term "dirt jumps." Maybe "flow park," "skills area" bicycle playground something along those lines.

Make it sound better, especially to the less, or usually very skeptical "slightly informed" people.

Good luck!
Good Point man. Thanks. You better ride this Sat. or I will flatten all your tires on you bike next time I see you!!!! Ha Ha!!:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

MTB_Rob_NC

Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
FCLinder said:
Good Point man. Thanks. You better ride this Sat. or I will flatten all your tires on you bike next time I see you!!!! Ha Ha!!:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
There are a number of things this Saturday. 1st of all I gotta get my shiznat together so I can make a day trip. If I do that, there are 2 options

1) Bent Creek
2) Wilson's Creek

I am leading towards Wilson's since it is, and I have never been.

I need to be home at a decent hour and not ruined, since I have a party to go to Sat night and plane to catch Sunday.

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
How far is Ashville from you? You really need to come and ride the new trail. It is one of the best trails I have ever been on. David said it is the next best tril he has been on to A-Line. We can ride it two times in less than 2 hours, maybe 3 times if we try.

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
Go with Rob's idea about calling it something different. CP's is the "Zone".

Also, You must, MUST put warning signs at every available entrance to the jumps. If it's a big open area, maybe put up a fence to channel people through a couple main entrances where those signs will be easily seen. And they really really like tabletops. A lot. :thumb:

MTB_Rob_NC

Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
FCLinder said:
How far is Ashville from you? You really need to come and ride the new trail. It is one of the best trails I have ever been on. David said it is the next best tril he has been on to A-Line. We can ride it two times in less than 2 hours, maybe 3 times if we try.
It would probably be 2 + hour drive. I am trying!

AND I just got asked to help put on a skills clinic for the local Women's MTB club. GRRRRR why does my timing suck, all the good stuff needs to be spaced out better.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
MTB_Rob_NC said:
It would probably be 2 + hour drive. I am trying!

AND I just got asked to help put on a skills clinic for the local Women's MTB club. GRRRRR why does my timing suck, all the good stuff needs to be spaced out better.
did you say girls? i am a single guy with some kind of skills......

Sep 22, 2004
what are they wanting to put at the jumps?...wall rides, drops or just jumps. i have a whole lot of jumps in the middle of town so i know how to get that kind of thing going. if you need any questions just ask.

Jun 11, 2004
brian wilkinson said:
i have a whole lot of jumps in the middle of town so i know how to get that kind of thing going. if you need any questions just ask.
Where in the middle (Greenville) of town?

Let's ride...................