Quantcast

Greenville's New Skate Park

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
Just stopped by the new Skate Park here in Greenville today at lunch. I have to say it is the biggest skate park I have ever set foot in. It has to be 150 yards long by 75 yards wide. They said it should be open in a few weeks. They have box jumps, spins, rail slides, big a$$ half and quarter pipes all over the place. Much like any skate park. The guy also said they may add a foam pit too. Rob, also said they may put dirt jumps out side as well. This place is not to far off I-85 and will be wreath the drive to come play. I have seen some smaller skate parks come and go here in Greenville, but I think this one is here to stay. I will keep you guys up to date when I know more.

sb317

Monkey
Sep 6, 2005
North Carolina
Is this the No Name Skatepark? If it is, I've seen pics and it looks awesome. Are they going to be cool with 26ers? It would be a drive, but I would like to come check it out sometime.

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
The No Name Skate Park opens this Sat and is open for all bikes and skate boards that day till 12pm. Rob and I will be out there ripping up the new lines sometime that day. Let me know if your coming out to play or need directions.

sb317

Monkey
Sep 6, 2005
North Carolina
Dang, already made plans for this Saturday. Let me know what days are bike days and I'll try to get up with ya'll before I head down. Post a ride report and let us know what it's like.

airwalkrob

Monkey
Jul 20, 2005
Greenville EASTSIDE
Well it looks like an april fools on opening day.. crap ..Here is whats going on. The park will not be open on Saturday April 1, the park is basically finished but they are still hanging drywall for the restrooms, finishing electrical work, painting etc...You're probaly looking at next weekend. I will make sure to post the opening day as soon as it is available.

Site Admin

BKQuill

Turbo Monkey
Dec 19, 2004
Rangers Lead the Way
I was up there this afternoon and was told that they are looking around "Spring Break" for an "offical" opening date. The Place looks pretty cool, it'll be nice once the DJ's get built along the side, and I wonder what the chances are for some indoor bike stuff in the other building, ie indoor DJ's, pump track, stunts, etc, a mini "Ray's" if you will.

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Stopped in again today and talked to Mike the owner to get the update on the opening day. Looks like 2 weeks out. Good news for us bikers. Bikers will be allowed to ride any time, but on Saturdays. He told me he expects to get a lot of skaters on Saturdays and doesn't want to have bikers running over skaters. I don't blame him. He said it my change if the level of skaters are not what they expected it to be. The dirt jumps will be open everyday for bikes though. The will have a 20ft+ high start rap into about 4 different lines to hit and each line should be 400 ft long. That’s a lot of jumps!!!! Both the NBL and ABA have talked to him about putting a BMX race track on the site too. This place and the land is bigger than I thought. The bowel is so big and looks like it will be so fun to pump around in. I will have more updates in a week or two.

Cecil

sb317

Monkey
Sep 6, 2005
North Carolina
Thanks for the update! I can't wait to go down there and check it out. It's way up there as far as things to do. Are the dirt jumps already built?

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
sb317 said:
Thanks for the update! I can't wait to go down there and check it out. It's way up there as far as things to do. Are the dirt jumps already built?
At this time they just want to get the doors open for the park. The plans are to start on the dirt jumps as soon as they open.

Taz

Monkey
Sep 22, 2001
Granite, lots of granite
FCLinder said:
Just stopped by the new Skate Park here in Greenville today at lunch. I have to say it is the biggest skate park I have ever set foot in. It has to be 150 yards long by 75 yards wide. They said it should be open in a few weeks.
I see you have never been to Factory Park in Newnan, GA

BKQuill

Turbo Monkey
Dec 19, 2004
Rangers Lead the Way
I was up there today and they are shooting for "opening day" the week after Easter. The 1/2 pipe has too much "vert" for bikes, but otherwise it's going to be a nice park to something to ride on a rainy day. I scoped out a few lines today, oh yeah, broke out the 20"!!!!!!