Quantcast

Greenwich Bicycles

J.R

Chimp
Feb 9, 2005
they sound like assholes, i was gonna deal with them for a warranty issue but they were like."you could come give us some money and we will help you out"? well normally you dont pay for a warranty.... so if opossible I would avoide them

hans2

Chimp
Jul 26, 2002
Boston
I'm thinking about buying a used bike through them. I could probably get warranty service through my LBS since they're a lot closer.

Tame Ape

BUY HOPE!!!!!!!
Mar 4, 2003
NYC
I've dealt with them bunches in past. More road then MTB but a standard and trustworthy LBS none-the-less

Special K

Chimp
Feb 12, 2004
CT by way of Beantown
I would not deal with them at all -- There associate shop in Westport scratched up my new epic when I brought it in for a repair and did not take any responsibility for it. The guy who owns the Westport Shop owns the Greenwich Shop as well and he told me it was not his problem. 2 years before this, I was looking at a new bike and they would not listen to what I wanted and tried to sell me and overpriced bike. Their repairs are very unreliable. I would check out the Stamford area...

tmoney727t

Monkey
Feb 22, 2005
Madison, CT
Go to rock'n road cycles. They are real good with any bikes(road and mtb) Kind of overpriced, but wateve, its the best bike shop in CT.

J.R

Chimp
Feb 9, 2005
tmoney727t said:
Go to rock'n road cycles. They are real good with any bikes(road and mtb) Kind of overpriced, but wateve, its the best bike shop in CT.

I have been there its pretty nice, its not really over priced considering the area its in. definetly not the best shop in ct. Bikers edge has that position, the biggest shop in connecticut with the most experience, between their kick ass prices, cool personalities, weekly bike rides, custom built wheelsets and over 1,000 bike in inventory and 2 floors of merchandise that place kick ass, they have never let me down and won't let you down.... check them out they are in bristol Ct. heres their site. www.bikersedge.com the site is from like 2 years ago, but fine if you need directions or anything

VTApe

Monkey
Feb 5, 2005
Vermont
What do you guys think about Manchester bike shop? Theyve always been go to me in the past, same with sunshine cycles in colchester. AVOID Bicycles east in glastonbury... theyre a bunch of @#$!#$%^#^^ heads

hans2

Chimp
Jul 26, 2002
Boston
Greenwich was selling a used Heckler on ebay. It's an 03 that was virtually brand new, not even any cruft in the nooks of the frame and rear hanger. So for $1900, I've got myself a newish Heckler. The Psylo fork is a draw and the Hayes brake levers pinch my hands, but other than that its built to my liking. The weather's been too crappy for any dirt riding, but I couldn't resist the pull of taking it to the bank a couple times.
I feel guilty for not getting it from my LBS though.

Sunshine Cycles in Colchester is one of the best shops I've ever entered. The blond guy, Chris is it? He recommended a then-secret local riding spot which was, at the time, the best singletrack I had ever seen. He should sell a bottle of insect repellent every time he mentions that place though.

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
tmoney727t said:
t money what you doin on this forum?