Quantcast

Greenwood (Red Dot), Ma

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
Crabjoe and I rode Greenwood on 5/31. Just one of those days where there was great riding and no crashes. Enjoy.

Tough little uphill corner up through a rockwall.

Just a little drop along the way...

One of the more technical features on the trail. Joe taking a run up part of it.

Explored the backside of a rock that had previously been unknown to me. Dropped off the backside and promptly hit a tree at the bottom of the runout where the trail took a sharp left. Too much speed.

Technical rock roll off the same face from the previous picture. Hard to see how difficult it is, consists of two tight 180 degree switchbacks with a little stepdown in between. Oh yea, and if you screw up you will fall 15 feet off the other side of that rock.

Rolling the big rock in the play area

Onto the huck. Went bigger and faster off this one than Joe expected!

Lastly a little vid of Joe completing the line in the playground area
http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j145/js9s470bike/SDC10910.jpg

Last edited:

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
i haven't been over to that area in a while...always good riding there, and it looks like there's some new stuff.

how's the crater? last time i was there it was totally eroded...is it still there, or is there a work-around?

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
eh, i try to avoid diablow. platty is way more fun anyways.
Last time I was at Platty was freshman year of college for a collegiate race in late October. Got plenty hammered, camped out in freezing temps with way too little clothing/gear, and got concussed during a practice run.

Ahhhhh collegiate racing....

skyst3alth

Monkey
Apr 13, 2004
Denver, CO
Dude every time we've ridden there you've hucked that thing faster and bigger than you expected...typically with disastrous consequences

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
'crater' also got the nickname concussion hill, after a friend of ours crashed hard and was out of it. it's on what i think is called the Culvert Trail? it's the steepest part of the trail that i've seen on the eastern side of 128, between the two exits.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
'crater' also got the nickname concussion hill, after a friend of ours crashed hard and was out of it. it's on what i think is called the Culvert Trail? it's the steepest part of the trail that i've seen on the eastern side of 128, between the two exits.
That's still there and more eroded than ever. Good times. Never heard a name for it before though.

Ridge_Rider

Chimp
Apr 12, 2002
East Coast
where is this greenwood ? I've never herd of it , it looks like fun!!!
Its sort of a locals only place, though there seems to lot more cars at the trail head these days. Like other places on the North Shore, talking about it on web is generally frowned upon...

Last edited: