Quantcast

Greetings from Oregon

mhpoole

Chimp
Feb 28, 2005
Portland, Oregon
Greetings everyone,

I live in the Hillsboro area and after a long break from mountain biking I have decided to get back into it. Im 33 with 2 small boys and a great wife and am self employed. My bike should be here in a few days and I cant wait. After doing some heavy research after being out of it for almost 10 years I picked up a Santa Cruz Bullit with XTR and a Bomber / Fox vanilla combo. After I get my fat a$$ back in shape I look forward to riding with some of you. Thats all for now, Ill post pictures of my new ride when I get it.

thatoneguy

Monkey
Sep 6, 2001
N. California
Hey, glad to have you here. I am in Beaverton. I need to get in shape myself. Let me know if you would like to ride, or if you know of anywhere close...

mhpoole

Chimp
Feb 28, 2005
Portland, Oregon
Thanks for the welcome. I have a few friends that are also getting back into the sport about 4 of them i think. Not sure if club riding is the thing for us since we are all republicans and some of us carry CCW full time. Not sure what clubs would think of that but I could be wrong. Probably a little time away from riding the fun stuff as we are all mostly out of shape and need to get used to the bikes again. Not sure if Concealed carry is even a thought while riding since we will probably be picking outselves up off the ground quite often. But we are all pro-gun and hunt.

zane

Turbo Monkey
Mar 29, 2004
Vancouver, WA
I'm not republican but I'm down with concealed carry (I'm oddly in between both parties), I'm waiting 9 months until my 21st to get my permit. Not sure what you want to ride but I'm always up for some good downhill and shore.... as long as I don't have to pedal up a hill.

mhpoole

Chimp
Feb 28, 2005
Portland, Oregon
Zane,

To tell you the truth I dont know what I like to ride anymore. With my new bike comming in a week or so im sure it will change from what I used to ride. Im sure some lots of downhill with everything else would be mixed in. I really just like to ride not to particular about what.

As for concealed carry thats the first thing I did when I was 21 was get my permit. I didnt really start carrying seriously until about a year ago and Im 33 now. When I was younger I thought like most young people do, it was cool kind of powerful feeling. But as I got older I got some good training from a quality school. Its really amazing to me the number of people that have a permit in Oregon is like 4.6% but the people who carry and actually have tactical defense training is probably not that much.

Since Im just getting back into it Im not sure if it will work out to carry unless just riding at night for exercise or something. I think If I were to fall that would not be a good thing.

As for you not being a republican, you're still young give it some time to really sink in. :thumb:

zane

Turbo Monkey
Mar 29, 2004
Vancouver, WA
I've been looking at some tactical handgun courses, time is my only problem at the moment. I still feel good with my long rifle assault training (army...)

mhpoole said:
Zane,

To tell you the truth I dont know what I like to ride anymore. With my new bike comming in a week or so im sure it will change from what I used to ride. Im sure some lots of downhill with everything else would be mixed in. I really just like to ride not to particular about what.

As for concealed carry thats the first thing I did when I was 21 was get my permit. I didnt really start carrying seriously until about a year ago and Im 33 now. When I was younger I thought like most young people do, it was cool kind of powerful feeling. But as I got older I got some good training from a quality school. Its really amazing to me the number of people that have a permit in Oregon is like 4.6% but the people who carry and actually have tactical defense training is probably not that much.

Since Im just getting back into it Im not sure if it will work out to carry unless just riding at night for exercise or something. I think If I were to fall that would not be a good thing.

As for you not being a republican, you're still young give it some time to really sink in. :thumb:

when I turned 21 I also got my C.W.P. and carreid for years. Until one day when somehitng kinda crazy happened. Dont get me wrong Im pro gun, but unless your a cop. Carrying a gun is a dangerous thing, either to you or thge other person that will sue you or his family will come after you. I read alot about it, and then after some one tried to break into my house and steal my guns (all 15 of them) I changed my ways. but more power to you. :thumb: