Quantcast

$$$ Grindstone day 1 $$$

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Back in the office again. Big presentation today.

I love my robot lawn mower when it works but I keep fucking up the guide wire and cutting it by mistake. Spend hours yesterday trying to find out where the problem was but no luck. Driving me nuts.

I need to ride some bike and work out this week after all the eating in Germany.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Back in the office again. Big presentation today.

I love my robot lawn mower when it works but I keep fucking up the guide wire and cutting it by mistake. Spend hours yesterday trying to find out where the problem was but no luck. Driving me nuts.

I need to ride some bike and work out this week after all the eating in Germany.
Could you use a tone generator to find the break?

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Work holiday today so I am spending my free time talking to you people. Fuck is wrong with me?

Anyway, I got the flu shot/bivalent booster double whammy last night and it is oddly having to affect on me. Those prior covid shots knocked me on my ass. I feel fine this morning. Weird. Maybe I got a placebo yesterday.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Nope, no work. Holiday here.

Last and closing day at Bromont. Doesn't look too warm, but the sun is supposed to come out today...at some point.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Yesterday went well. Had a bit on an incident when Haley refused to wear a rib cage/chest protector (ironically when we went to rent one, they didn't have one that fit). She got to sit in the car for an hour fuming under the pretext that if she ever refuses to wear a rib/chest protector, she's never racing karts in any form again. Nikkos (her friend) talked with her for about 5min and changed her mind. But this is a racing requirement, so that's all there is to it.

Kart is really nice. Even using limited throttle, she was pulling fast times, but was out of race pace range. She was getting progressively faster, so a few weekends and I would expect her to be up to race speed.

Now to get the Yeti sold...

Poops McDougal

moving to australia
May 30, 2007
Central California
Up early to take my oldest to school for her Sonora trip (outdoor/science “camp” that all the sixth graders go to). Then waiting around for the garage door repair guy to show up, because I couldn’t diagnose the opener. Guessing the board is going bad. I should get some coffee.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning. Holiday here = me working from home (gotta get my grades and comments in and some planning done). Last week of regular season Field Hockey and it's a long one with 2 home games and 1 away game. Finishing up laundry and also, need to meal prep for the rest of the week so I'll be busy for a bit.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Hey Gang! Its great to see all the familiar faces in here. Because everyone is wanting to know - i think my hand isnt broken. I had a 5th metacarpal displacement is all. Funny enough, my hand is sore as hell.

No switch hitting for a while I am afraid. Trying to decide if I should still show up and help my buddy frame his house. It could be a poor decision to do manual labor.

In other news, I have been binge watching the Big Lez show and Sassy Sasquatch episodes. WTF you drug addict.

Last edited:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Would rather be riding bicycles than doing this work nonsense.
:stupid:

Sitting in a corporate webinar about new performance assessment process. WTF, what a shitshow. #needanewjobagain

:nelsonhaha.gif:

we use workday. i hate it. the format and workflow changes every year, so each time we have to use it, we have to relearn it all over again.
:stupid:

I've told every one of my bosses at my current employer that I'm not a particularly goal-oriented person, so this HR "performance" shit is difficult for me.

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
Local hospital chain, of course they are “not for profit”. Is building a new location in my town. Had a press release today that they want local photographers and artist to submit artwork so they can display it in the new hospital. Of course for free, but wait, they will give them credit below the piece of art. For fucks sake. They paid their CEO north of $3m last year, but want photos for free. :rant: :twitch::disgust1:

Thanks for tuning in, this has been a therapy rant session brought to you by Mr Ringle.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
bike shops no open on mondays...

dusty...

20221010_113239.jpg

in theory....all i need is a new ring/chain/rear cassette and shifter/deraileaur to go to 1x11 or 1x12....

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
bike shops no open on mondays...

dusty...

View attachment 183033

in theory....all i need is a new ring/chain/rear cassette and shifter/deraileaur to go to 1x11 or 1x12....
12 speed requires a new freehub unless you are already using SRAM xD.

edit: and 11speed might have clearance issues. i had to take a dremel to an xt 11sped cassette to get it to clear the spokes and actually spin on a first gen i9 hub

Last edited:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
if i need new cranks...i just want the joy of one shifter...

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Local hospital chain, of course they are “not for profit”. Is building a new location in my town. Had a press release today that they want local photographers and artist to submit artwork so they can display it in the new hospital. Of course for free, but wait, they will give them credit below the piece of art. For fucks sake. They paid their CEO north of $3m last year, but want photos for free. :rant: :twitch::disgust1:

Thanks for tuning in, this has been a therapy rant session brought to you by Mr Ringle.
I assume they provide free healthcare as long as the patient gives the doctor credit in the local news story about their recovery or a shout out on their crave stone as well?