Quantcast

Grrr...

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
I didn't get the job I interviewed for. It would have been a 10 minute ride from my house.

It was down to me and one other internal applicant. They kept me waiting 3 weeks.

Grrr....

J

JRB

Sorry to hear man. Turns out you should have worn pants, huh???

Really - sorry to hear, man.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
SkaredShtles said:
Good luck on the next one, Old Man! :thumb:
Thanks....

That's the problem, there really isn't a next one lined up - I've been looking for months. There's not too many decent paying jobs available in my neck of the woods, that's why I commute so much.

I am looking around the office for something to destroy right now...

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Laptops are the perfect size and shape for throwing. Make sure to choose a target that is also breakable. For example throw a laptop into an old CRT screen or even into the face of an annoying coworker.

Sorry 'bout the job, time in a car is time wasted.

J

JRB

Just start playing "This place sucks" really loud for the rest of the day.

Oh wait - you don't have a new job. We don't want you fired. I hate that I have to drive 1/2 each way in no traffic, so I can't imagine really.

Any other leads???

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
loco said:
Just start playing "This place sucks" really loud for the rest of the day.

Oh wait - you don't have a new job. We don't want you fired. I hate that I have to drive 1/2 each way in no traffic, so I can't imagine really.

Any other leads???

That's the other damn thing - the job that I hate keeps me from looking for a job that I won't hate...

One or two other leads, but very similar work to the job that I already have, for less money. Kinda closer to home though.
:mumble:

I'm gonna puke I'm so pissed.

J

JRB

H8R said:
That's the other damn thing - the job that I hate keeps me from looking for a job that I won't hate...

One or two other leads, but very similar work to the job that I already have, for less money. Kinda closer to home though.
:mumble:

I'm gonna puke I'm so pissed.
Closer to home has a lot of value, but I don't know that value is 25%, unfortunately. It looks like my best friend may have to move to San Diego for a job, so I guess you are in a little better shape. Nothing wrong with Cali, but it's pretty quiet and quaint here in TX, and that makes things pretty nice. I know how sh*tty I felt when I lost my job in January. I got really lucky finding another one so soon. Good luck, bro.

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
H8R said:
I didn't get the job I interviewed for. It would have been a 10 minute ride from my house.

It was down to me and one other internal applicant. They kept me waiting 3 weeks.

Grrr....
Still waiting on mine... last I heard from them was on Thursday. They e-mailed me to say, "we havent called any of your references, we're hust too busy to meet on it internally. We will call them Friday and talk to you soon".

7 Hours of interviews over the course of 3 weeks only to blow me off = 7 hours wasting my time. I'm interviewing at another place toward the end of the week. I think it would be damn funny if this first place called me to finalize things after I have already taken another job.

BTW this latest place is a 10 minute bike ride from my house as well.

J

JRB

golgiaparatus said:
Still waiting on mine... last I heard from them was on Thursday. They e-mailed me to say, "we havent called any of your references, we're hust too busy to meet on it internally. We will call them Friday and talk to you soon".

7 Hours of interviews over the course of 3 weeks only to blow me off = 7 hours wasting my time. I'm interviewing at another place toward the end of the week. I think it would be damn funny if this first place called me to finalize things after I have already taken another job.

BTW this latest place is a 10 minute bike ride from my house as well.

Dude - we should write a song called "Wanted Man". :think:

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
stinkyboy said:
Maybe it's your attitude.

I'm actually a nice guy and easy to get along with. I'm very easy going for the most part.

So STFU.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
H8R said:
I'm actually a nice guy and easy to get along with. I'm very easy going for the most part.

So STFU.

J/K

Don't feel bad about being #2. It's gotta be a freaking tight market out there for decent jobs.

J

JRB

H8R said:

So STFU.
Yeah - me too. Well, I do rant a little bit, but always willing to help people. I even ate mayo on a burger yesterday and politely mentioned to the server when she asked how it was that "the offensive white stuff" was on the burger. She said she asked them to hold it, and I said it was fine. I should have peed down my leg and yelled, but that would have gotten us nowhere, so I just let it go.