Quantcast

grrrr i need new brakes

BIRDMAN111

Turbo Monkey
Jan 28, 2006
at school dreaming about trails
i desperatly need new brakes. they were my reason for stopping the melt down and was wondering if you guys had any advice on hydros V. aivid mechs. etc.(and inexpensive)

Avid jucys
Avid bb7
hayes hfx 9
shimano lx
shimano xt

any suggestions for cheap good disk brakes.

spank you
daniel

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
They ain't cheap, but I am in power stroking, needing more then one tissue kind of love with my new El Caminos. Worked like a rock star in the mud at the Otter.

Transfer

Monkey
Jan 23, 2004
Seattle, WA
Shimano Deore hydros are quite a surprise. I don't know if they still make them though. Pretty cheap and great power. You should be able to find some Hayes Mags for under $100 a side.

Sir_Crackien

Turbo Monkey
Feb 7, 2004
alex. va. usa.
i second the deore hydro's o have been running them for the past 3-4 years and tghey have never let me down. they have great modulation and the power is pretty good as well and if you put teh EBC red's in them the power goes nuts

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
If you are looking to save some cash, go with the Avid BB5s. If you can swing it, upgrade to the BB7s. I have BB7s on two bikes, my trail bike and my street/jump/etc bike and they are awesome.

As Dan said, the Sh!tmano hydros are suprisingly powerful, but a little more green.

VaNIlLin81

Monkey
Jan 27, 2006
c-ville
aggghhhhh, our junks got shut down for a month, this sucks, shhhhh you are still aloud to edit your posts, is anyone thinking about doing the 24 hour burn race? it looks awesome.

:hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: