Quantcast

Grrrrrrrrr I can't get my IPOD to connect

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
So I have it plugged into the firewire port and it's charging but I can't get the computer or iTunes to see it.

I DL'ed the drivers for it and it still doesn't work.

Anybody have any idea what might be the problem?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I Are Baboon said:
Sounds like it's something either computer, iPod, wire, or program related. Check those four things out.

Ok where should I start? :rolleyes:

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
stosh, for whatever reason, the iPod i bought for my wife had the same problem...it took a while for the computer to recognize the player. then it started working. i didn't change anything.

yay for Apple!

ThePriceSeliger

Mushhead
Mar 31, 2004
Denver, Colorado
I have the same problems sometimes. You need to go to the I-Pod updater which came with the I-Pod software. You need to then reset your I-Pod through the software. Then un-plug it from your computer, then plug it into an outlet to charge for a few minutes. Then... restart your computer, and it SHOULD work, but if it doesn't, re-set your I-pod a different way by holding down the Menu and The Center button and hold them untill the screen goes blank, and the "apple" appears.

If it doesn't work, either repeat, re-restart your computer, or take it to bestbuy or another computer place. But... when you call apple for their help, they charge you like 40 bucks for a 5 minute convorsation.

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
ThePriceSeliger said:
but if it doesn't, re-set your I-pod a different way by holding down the Menu and The Center button and hold them untill the screen goes blank, and the "apple" appears.
close. first toggle the HOLD switch on then off, then hold down the center and menu buttons at the same time... :oink:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I've done all of the above. When I try to run the updater it can't even see that the IPOD is connected. It was formatted on a Windows computer and it gets a charge via the fire wire.

it's a 3rd gen IPOD

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Anybody know where to get older versions of the driver's?

I didn't get the CD with the IPOD I bought.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
ROCKLAND said:
Is that where the variety is from? I had never heard of them untill recently.
i don't think ireland's got a native apple crop. probably somewhere like new zealand.

stosh, get the cd from the dude you bought the thing from.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
narlus said:
i don't think ireland's got a native apple crop. probably somewhere like new zealand.

stosh, get the cd from the dude you bought the thing from.

He said he threw the CD away a long time ago.