Quantcast

GT Bicycles Re-Signs Chris Smith to 2006 MTB Team

Ridemonkey

This is not an active account
Sep 18, 2002
Toronto, Canada
GT proudly announces that it has re-signed Englishman Chris Smith to the GT MTB team.

Smith is an outstanding freeriding, dirt jumping downhiller - the guy is a walking Swiss Army knife when it comes to MTB riding.

“I like all sorts of riding,” said Smith. “One day I'll be riding a big natural line on my freeride bike or doing some big gaps/drops, etc. and the next day I'll be hitting the trails to do some dirt jumping or maybe I’ll be in the city riding street. I like to keep my riding varied. I'm happy as long as I'm riding my bike.”

In 2006, Smith will be competing in all major freeride and dirt jump competitions around the world and some select downhill races too. Look for him on a variety of GTs this season, including the GT iT1 for freeride comps, the Ruckus UF and the Ruckus DJ for street / park / dirt jumping comps, and the Ruckus i-Drive 7 2.0 for DH and freeride comps.

“They are all great bikes and I can honestly say I haven't ridden better bikes for each discipline,” said Smith.

“Riding for GT is a dream come true for me,” said Smith. “It's great to have such a big name company backing you up with great products.”

“Highlights in ‘05 for me were competing in the Red Bull District Ride in Germany and traveling to all the different places around the world to ride my bike,” said Smith.