Quantcast

GT Bicycles Signs Burry Stander to 2006 MTB Team

Ridemonkey

This is not an active account
Sep 18, 2002
Toronto, Canada
MADISON, Wis. - December 27, 2005 - GT proudly announces that it has Burry Stander to the 2006 GT MTB team.

This young man from South Africa has been making a noise for himself in his homeland as well as abroad. Stander rides cross-country and short-track MTB and 2006 will be his first year as a pro. Career highlights include being the South African Junior XC champion in 2003, 2004 and in 2005. Also in 2005, Stander took first at the Sandpoint XC and STXC races as well as the Snowmass STXC comp.

“My highlights in 2005 were definitely the three Norba Junior races that I won on my first trip to the states,” said Stander. “In 2006 I hope to finish in a Top-5 position in the Norba STXC or XC Series.”

Stander will be likely be riding GT’s Zaskar Race hardtail and the acclaimed IDXC, named "Gear of the Year” in Outside Magazine’s 2005 Buyer's Guide.

“I’ll be riding all the Norbas, Sea Otter, Commonwealth Games, South African Champs and a few World Cups,” he said. “The riding I like most is big climbs followed by long technical descents.”