Quantcast

GT Bicycles Signs Jill Kintner

Ridemonkey

This is not an active account
Sep 18, 2002
Toronto, Canada
MADISON, Wis. - Jan 2, 2005 - What do you do with the most talented woman in cycling? If you’re GT, you sign her up. GT proudly announces that Jill Kintner has joined the GT team.

The 24-year-old Kintner began racing BMX when she was 16, and killed it. Won every comp there was to win. Then she took to the bigger bikes at age 21 and in short order has already won every title in 4X. She’s a walking highlight reel.

Currently residing in Seattle, Wash., Kintner still rides both MTB and BMX, and has now won every title in both sports and is still going strong.

“I'm a competitor and want to win every time I compete, but I also enjoy the camaraderie of the sport. I have met extraordinary people from around the world and feel very lucky in my life to have had these opportunities through my bike racing.”

When not modeling the back of her jersey to her competition, Kintner’s also an avid snowboarder, golfer, tennis player, runner and ping pong enthusiast. Seems she never sits still for long.

“GT has always had the best of the best on their program,” said Kintner, “so for me to make it to that level and for them to recognize my accomplishments means a lot.”

Kintner’s riding a GT i-Drive 4.1 in her 4X competitions and the GT Ultrabox in her Elite Women’s BMX comps. You might even see her in a DH comp or two in ’06.

“The bikes are smooth and tight,” she said. “It’s going to be a very good year.”

We think so, too. Welcome, Jill. Sorry, competition.

Jill’s 2005 highlights:

· 4X UCI World Champion, Livigno, Italy
· 4X World Cup Champion
· 4X US National Champion
· Jeep King of the Mountain Champion
· Australian Series champion
· 4X Sea otter Champion
· Crankworx Champion
· Norba Slalom, 1st-place at Deer Valley

snowskilz

xblue attacked piggy won
May 15, 2004
rado
damn, such a fast chic going to the mega-corp. was hoping she would stay on yeti for a bit. Do you have a link for the bikes? i tried an ebay search for yeti and jill kitner and nothing came up.

Zutroy

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
Ventura,CA
Yeah it's probably her's there are some old red white and blue TLD pants and jerseys like she wore a couple years ago up there too

F.O.G

Monkey
Feb 8, 2005
Monterey, CA
The 4x and the Complete DJ on e-bay right now are hers (with the fox forks not the pikes). The listing has changed since last time, the old listing eluded to a "World Champion Bike" also the frame is #3.