Quantcast

GT Distortion

SupraShin

Chimp
Jul 23, 2012
Toyohashi

First real ride on my Distortion this weekend. Fun geometry, pedals well, stiff frame, but I need to toy around with the suspension a bit more.
Would you take some closer shots around shocks?
Or tell me the signs on stickers wrapped around the air sleeve of the shock?

Boost Valve Tune :
Rebound Tune :
Velocity Tune :

By the way, the upper pivot often get loose and it makes noise while riding.
Have you ever experienced that problem?

And I found so much clearance around pivots.
I have lightly coated bearings with grease to prevent they get rust.
What do you think the best solution on that?

GtDad

Chimp
Feb 26, 2014
I know this is old but Just had my shock retuned rp23
boost valve to 225
velocity fast
and a .4 volume reducer
Wow what a difference
Thanks

alex_zp_ua

Chimp
Apr 15, 2014
Ukraine
hi to all
sorry for stupid question and for my bad English, but...
I can't find out what's the seatpost clamp diameter and what headset will fit my 2013 distortion 1.0? there are 44 and 46 mm top headset cap and I don't know what's the right one.

thanks
Alex

ska todd

Turbo Monkey
Oct 10, 2001
Lawnguyland, New F'in Yawk
hi to all
sorry for stupid question and for my bad English, but...
I can't find out what's the seatpost clamp diameter and what headset will fit my 2013 distortion 1.0? there are 44 and 46 mm top headset cap and I don't know what's the right one.
Spec for the Distortion seatclamp is 34.9mm.

Headset spec is FSA GRAVITY 1/DX PRO (I/E), NO.9M/CUP/CC1.5R/NO.12B, INTERNAL ALLOY UPPER 1.5R" ACB, EXTERNAL ALLOY LOWER 1.5" ACB EXTERNAL

-ska todd

GtDad

Chimp
Feb 26, 2014
Hey just thought you guys might like to know I'm running a fox 36 lowered to 140 and using 650b front wheel now.B6er!
Seems so far to be faster on chundar ..

eimkeith

Chimp
Aug 23, 2015
Charlotte, NC
I found some pics of Fox spacer kit. It seemed simple enough to machine, and I had some Delrin (hard plastic) round rod laying around, so I decided to make it myself.

Took the shock apart, and I was greeted by what used to be an O-ring.

Home-made spacer. I made an error (or two) measuring, and I ended up shaving the thickness a little more later.

Installed in the shock.

Quick 4-foot drop test.

Still got some travel left. This was with 30% sag.

A pic of the bike.

How low did you go with the fork; shock? (I'm setting up a fox 36 and having my shock rebuilt now for my Distortion)

thanks in advance.

eimkeith

Chimp
Aug 23, 2015
Charlotte, NC
How low did you go with the fork; shock? (I'm setting up a fox 36 and having my shock rebuilt now for my Distortion)

thanks in advance.
OK, I went with a 180/140 Fox Float 36 (I'll run it at 140) - but still need guidance on the shock; mine (just purchased the frame with the shock used) needs servicing apparently, so this is next up for me...

Last edited:

eimkeith

Chimp
Aug 23, 2015
Charlotte, NC
OK, so I've started assembling my Distortion, and am running into a chain line issue, possibly because of my component selection...

My intent was to be able move my wheel set back and forth between my V1 Sovereign and the Distortion. I'm riding SS on the Sovereign, with a single cog/SS kit, and have a great chain line. On the Distortion (also 135mm rear) the cog lines up well with the YESS tensioner I'm using, but the front sprocket on the Saint crankset is in another zip code.

Have I made a mistake with the Saint cranks? I'm attracted to their weight/strength ratio, and the set up I have is for 73mm BB, so I assumed it would be workable...

Advice greatly appreciated.

Oh, and BTW it looks like I'll come in at 32.35 pounds (depending on how long the chain ends up being.)

2011 Distortion Large Frame
Fox Float 36 Talas 180/140
Gamut Cillos Stem
Deity Dirty30
Saint Cranks
Xpedo Spry pedals
Mavic 729/DT Swiss Onyx Rear, White Industries Front
Continental Mountain Kings 2.4
Stylo seat post/Specialized saddle from college (the 90s!)
Formula The One brakes, 203/160
(I think that's it...)

ulvaskar

Chimp
Dec 12, 2012
Just jumping in this thread.... I´m looking for a Distortion in large. I do have US/UK/CAN shipping adresses if needed..
PM me what you´ve got!