Quantcast

gt history

Sep 17, 2003
im not sure where to post, but this is a xc bike, so..
How can i find out some history on a bike i recently aqcuired for a handshake..its a gt timberline, 1" headtube, cromoly frame.
I want to know if it is one of the handmade models or not....its going to be a commuter/trail bike...and its mean and green...but that is besides the point...anyone know where i can garner this information?

thanks!

Lexx D

Dirty Dozen
Mar 8, 2004
NY
Originally posted by crashedupderby
im not sure where to post, but this is a xc bike, so..
How can i find out some histiry on a bike i recently aqcuired for a handshake..its a gt timberline, 1" headtube, cromoly frame.
I want to know if it is one of the handmade models or not....its going to be a commuter/trail bike...and its mean and green...but that is besides the point...anyone know where i can garner this information?

thanks!
It's most likely not one of the handmade frames....I rode one about 10 years ago, and it was an awsomes bike but still a cheaper $430.00 bike. I loved it, it's what helped me get into this sport.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
If you get a bike for a handshake it don't matter if it was stamped in a factory or made by the hands of Thor. haha.:p Old GT's will last forever......:)

YETI187

Chimp
Nov 28, 2003
i'm a MAsshole!!!
down with pacific making i-drives!
i had an old one fromw when gt owned gt, and it had some huge engineering flaws, specifically the rear shock mounting to set mast. by freak chance i got a replacement frame in the mail 8 months later, and the bolt that comes with that sucks. so i drilled out the shock and put in a new hardened steel bolt from the hardware store. still need to replace the bottom bolt. the i-drive is a decent design and works pretty well, but frame construction is horrible.

horray for old gt ht's. i have an old gt tequesta chromoly bike that is now too small for me so my sis has it down in nyc. everything on the tequesta has been replaced except the brakes, headset, and the frame. it's the shiznit :D