Quantcast

Gt idrive

herbman

Monkey
Feb 16, 2011
North West Tasmania
After years of riding a fsr intense, i have ended up with two Gt idrives.
Love how they ride but Im still not to sure how they work, are they a true single pivot or a urt? Or a strange mix of the 2.

Last edited:

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
After years of riding a fsr intense, i have ended up with two Gt idrives.
Love how they ride but Im still not to sure how they work, are they a true single pivot or a urt? Or a strange mix of the 2.
somewhere between the two. The BB isn't part of the swingarm nor the main traingle, but a bit of both. There's some stiffening when standing vs. seated, but it's much less noticeable compared to a true URT. I think I've read that it's like 1.5-2 times as stiff when standing, whereas a true sweetspot URT is like 4 times, and something loco like the Mantra is up around 9. Similar concept to the Maverick lineup.

I've pondered it quite a bit, but I would imagine you tune the suspension to when you stand... but then do you lose the pedaling advantage?

herbman

Monkey
Feb 16, 2011
North West Tasmania
somewhere between the two. The BB isn't part of the swingarm nor the main traingle, but a bit of both. There's some stiffening when standing vs. seated, but it's much less noticeable compared to a true URT. I think I've read that it's like 1.5-2 times as stiff when standing, whereas a true sweetspot URT is like 4 times, and something loco like the Mantra is up around 9. Similar concept to the Maverick lineup.

I've pondered it quite a bit, but I would imagine you tune the suspension to when you stand... but then do you lose the pedaling advantage?
I have set mine up for standing because that is what im doing as i go throught the lumpy bits of trail and it doesn't seem to make any differents to the pedaling. The idrives are just great pedaling bikes

and Mr Kranked what did gt ever do you? ok they did employ lopes for a few years but that is still no reason to compare them to apple:rofl: