Quantcast

<?> GTM Sunday <?>

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Have 6 boys over for sleep over birthday party. They were a sleep by 12am and up at 6am. Coffee and bagles and they we can chill at 9.30am.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
:wave:

Really not enthused about heading into the mines. Yesterday was a shitshow and I expect today will be more of the same. Meh, meh, and more meh....... :thumbsdown:
Wifi installs?

Mariko has the pukes. Yesterday during the day and once in the middle of the night necessitating changing all the sheets and blankets.

I am debating whether to ride in. It is snowing, apparently, but probably in weak-sauce fashion.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
After a December where we had the pukes and passed it on to two sets of guest I go full Contagion when the pukes happens. At least we made it out of the Christmas month skinnier.

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
I misunderestmated the amount of snow. I thought it was a trace amount as I could see expansion joints in concrete, etc.

Nope.

Solid 1" of wet, thick snow. It actually was a really pleasant ride, with me setting fresh tracks most places save for the bunnies that had hopped across the trail during the night, but was super slow due to the heavy snow.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
relatively cold here (for here)-low 20s when i woke up. bacon, pancakes, and coffee consumed. heading to grab groceries for the week then either trailwork or a quick ride.

Last edited:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
parents 50th wedding anniversary dinner is carrying over to today...

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Just lost one of my kids at the Y... We were done changing after a swim, and in the time it took me to put on my shoes, they both took off in different directions. One went to the jungle gym, the other computer games. Found one but not the other. Panic ensued for about 3 minutes... Jeesus did I ever panic. Not a good sight.

It'll be a fat ride this afternoon, then a massive (think 40 children and all their parents...) neighbourhood Christmas party.

Not an an all together bad day, but I could have done without the freak out.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
beer run with younger brother.....freak of nature ipa....any good?

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Cold and snowy. Wife has commandeered my free time. Think of the children! I need to clean off my mtb tires. I think a couple hours of spinning around in the snow should do a sufficient job. In other news, trading walnuts for dried fruit later. Yummy

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
I am bored. 2 hours and 38 minutes left on my call shift (in house, reading shit all day), then a snowy and hopefully not icy ride home, then dealing with tired partly sick wife and probably grumpy still sick? kid 1 and happy kid 2.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
short local ride complete. at least the trail has some jumps, even though it's a spaghetti'd out mess. i am not in good shape, but it's not going to get any better unless i do junk rides like this when i have the chance.

boulevard dark truth imperial stout in hand.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Sitting at the airport on a Sunday afternoon waiting for a work flight is not on my list of favourite things.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
After taking care of a bunch of wild boys and not getting too much sleep I had planned to go to the lbs and chill out the rest of the day. Did not got that way when the wife found out her and the boys had head lice so I spend the big part of the day washing and checking hair. seems like its happening all of the time at school. Not sure if its more big cities or if its just all over these days. When I grew up it was very rare but that was also before the lice develop resistance to the good lice killing products.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Avid Elixir brakes. if you have any tricks in bleeding them let me know. I have properly bleed them with success. So I feel I know how to bleed them. I have the Elixir bleed kit. All the tools, fresh fluid. Yet every once in a while I come across a set that will not work after bleeding them. I know it is not, but it seems as if they work in a arbitrary manner regardless of whatever I do. I am sorry if you have them on your bike. You should consider Shimanos the next time around..... Fuckity fuck....

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Skied fantastic deeeeep snow with Geoff ... cold? didn't care, 40mph wind? didn't care, legs burn? didn't care.
Home warming up meatballs and making some pasta. I'm so done I'm done.

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Adventures in parenting:

Kid is sick. Head cold? Fussy dinner, then got to fish out 4 turds from the tub during bathtime. out of bleach, only have ammonia. Guess that'll work. But first, bratwurst and kraut.