for 4 people:

Avocados
Red onion
Garlic
Red pepper
Salt & Pepper
Sour Cream
Lemon juice

4 ripe Avocados - peel and put in a bowl. Mash them with a blender. If they're perfect you can use a fork to mash.

Add a good spoonful with sourcream. Makes it smoother.

Finehack half a Red pepper, stir it inn.

Same goes for Red Onion, about the same amount as the red pepper.

Use a garlic press and put two "beans" of garlic in the mix.

A little lemon juice will help the guacamole maintain its color better.

Salt and pepper to taste.

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
in my opinion, good avocados need little more than salt and lime juice to turn them into a fantastic guac.

i take 3 avocados and mash them up , then i squeeze in the juice of one lime (or to taste) and salt to taste. add some finely diced red onion (once again, to taste). then i chop tomatoes and slice jalapenos for garnish. voila'. i get so many compliments on it, its stupid because its so unbelievably easy.

the key to superb guac, is superb avocados. i wont make it unless i find perfectly ripe avocados.

Spunger

Git yer dumb questions here
Feb 19, 2003
Yes Yes Yes!!!

Man I'm in Guac town, we have avacado festivals, they're all over the place.

I don't think you can pass up mixing it with onions, garlic, and tomatoes. I especially like mixing guac with salsa. I think that's when you get the best.

I didn't like guac when I was younger or even in high school, but since getting out and diversifying myself in what I eat (especially Mexican) I've found a love for the stuff.

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
avacado
chopped red onions
diced New Mexico green chilie
finely diced tomatoes
mashed garlic
squeeze of lime​
You can add some of your favorite store bought picante sauce too

FYI... make up plenty of pico de gallo (green chilie, tomatoe and oinion) garnish and stash it in your frig. It goes oh so good on sandwiches, roasts, steaks, burgers...