Quantcast

Guerrilla Gravity, badass frame manufacturer in Colorado

SuboptimusPrime

Turbo Monkey
Aug 18, 2005
NorCack
Figured I'd post this here for any still riding their GGs. Lance Canfield just posted on the GG FB page that they were taking requests for replacement part and that they'd be willing to manufacture some for us. Pretty cool move. I used this as justification to acquire a clean, green final edition Smash. Looking forward to building it up.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Or you can just buy my totally fine Megatrail with new bearings.

Fool

The Thing cannot be described
Sep 10, 2001
Brooklyn
The maxipad just fell off the groin of my The Smash™ which I assume is not common. Besides looking like it needs a vigorous cleaning, any recs on what to use to stick it back on?

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
I tried silicone, which just fell off pretty easily again. Shoe-goo maybe? That stuff can dry pretty hard IME.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
The maxipad just fell off the groin of my The Smash™ which I assume is not common. Besides looking like it needs a vigorous cleaning, any recs on what to use to stick it back on?
Shoe goo for the stay or the downtube pads. I think I just used IPA of the non-beer variety to clean.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Figured I'd post this here for any still riding their GGs. Lance Canfield just posted on the GG FB page that they were taking requests for replacement part and that they'd be willing to manufacture some for us. Pretty cool move. I used this as justification to acquire a clean, green final edition Smash. Looking forward to building it up.
link?

Rockland

Turbo Monkey
Apr 24, 2003
Left hand path
I just started to make my own GG hardware, last year, as things started to fail / wear out. There is room for improvement. I make the replacements out of stainless. I went with a (3) piece design for the horst pivot. It's held up awesome & eliminated the garbage threads in the chainstay clevis. https://ridemonkey.bikemag.com/threads/this-is-whats-wrong-with-the-industry™.279473/post-4671944

1706815005859.png

Next up is the seatstay / rocker fastener. Going with a combo external hex - internal hex socket. Just need to dial in a new 5mm hex wobble broach on stainless.

1706814580174.png

SuboptimusPrime

Turbo Monkey
Aug 18, 2005
NorCack
I've heard that cleaning the frame with IPA then using 3M two sided tape works quite well too.

SuboptimusPrime

Turbo Monkey
Aug 18, 2005
NorCack
where'd you snag your smash? i'm kicking myself for not getting a pistol/a in that sweet green color
Just saw it for sale at PB. It was listed as a complete but the owner was fine selling the frame only. I'd been looking around for one...they are around but not a lot of the colored ones. Seems like there are more greens than the blue/red/gray that was also on the ridegg site.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Just saw it for sale at PB. It was listed as a complete but the owner was fine selling the frame only. I'd been looking around for one...they are around but not a lot of the colored ones. Seems like there are more greens than the blue/red/gray that was also on the ridegg site.
if you see a green size 3 pistol for sale send it to me as fast as you possibly can.